**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Text messages not working at all

gbvnjc933g3ugbvnjc933g3u Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I opened a support ticket a few months back about this issue, but it was closed for some unknown reason - so I'm posting here instead.

I have a FreedomPop SIM card I bought from a retail store. I use it in my (unlocked Verizon) iPhone 4S using the FreedomPop app.
I'm able to make and receive calls just fine, but SMS is not working at all.
I'm talking about SMS using the FreedomPop app, and not the iOS default messaging app and/or iMessage.
I bought this SIM card mainly to use SMS, but I haven't been able to send or receive SMS at all since I bought the SIM card.
I've tried sending messages to/from both virtual numbers (like Google Voice) and regular cell numbers - but no luck.

Please help. This is a very serious usability issue that may be affecting other customers too.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin

Hi,

I opened a support ticket a few months back about this issue, but it was closed for some unknown reason - so I'm posting here instead.

I have a FreedomPop SIM card I bought from a retail store. I use it in my (unlocked Verizon) iPhone 4S using the FreedomPop app.
    I'm able to make and receive calls just fine, but SMS is not working at all.
    I'm talking about SMS using the FreedomPop app, and not the iOS default messaging app and/or iMessage.
    I bought this SIM card mainly to use SMS, but I haven't been able to send or receive SMS at all since I bought the SIM card.
    I've tried sending messages to/from both virtual numbers (like Google Voice) and regular cell numbers - but no luck.

Please help. This is a very serious usability issue that may be affecting other customers too.

Thanks,
    John

We are sorry to learn regular messaging via our Messaging app is not working but let us check how we can help. Can you please confirm the ICCID number of your sim to look into this?
  • gbvnjc933g3ugbvnjc933g3u Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for your response. For some reason I didn't get an email alert about the response.

The ICCID is 89011704278203011814.

Thanks for your response. For some reason I didn't get an email alert about the response.

The ICCID is 89011704278203011814.

lease follow these steps to ensure your iOS device is configured correctly:

Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    byron
    t LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

Then -Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    Close the app and open again. Log in with your phone number instead of email address.
  • gbvnjc933g3ugbvnjc933g3u Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Alejandra,

I've done all this before - I just did it all again, but I'm still unable to send/receive SMS using the FreedomPop app at all. Could it be something on your end?
    edited February 4 #6

Hi Alejandra,

I've done all this before - I just did it all again, but I'm still unable to send/receive SMS using the FreedomPop app at all. Could it be something on your end?

We are afraid that is the issue, the account is active and in good standing in our end.
    I was able to look into the device's compatibility and it seems that the Iphone 4S is no longer able to run the iOS version needed for our app.
    Can you please confirm the iOS version running on the device?