**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

downgrade account

serafinaserafina Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
i bought a 3 month subscription and now that it is over (tomorrow) i wanted to move to the basic free plan, since i'll not use the card being abroad next few month, your requirement of having a balance doesn't make sense since i've already prepaid the service. and will be especially untrue tomorrow when no service is going to be active at all. can you please downgrade my account to the free account?
thanks

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin
    serafina said:

i bought a 3 month subscription and now that it is over (tomorrow) i wanted to move to the basic free plan, since i'll not use the card being abroad next few month, your requirement of having a balance doesn't make sense since i've already prepaid the service. and will be especially untrue tomorrow when no service is going to be active at all. can you please downgrade my account to the free account?
    thanks

Good day!
    We understand that you will be abroad and not using the credit, however, the system is set up to trigger an automatic credit refill if you no credit is detected on the account at the time of downgrade.
    In this case, if you want to keep the number on a free account, to be able to use the number while abroad over wifi, you need to allow the credit refill. If you come back or when you do, you can reactivate the credit on the account to use it.
  • serafinaserafina Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I understand it is the "system" fault and I understand if I was using a free trial sim card FreedomPop should charge something, however, in my case there was no mention of this mandatory charge in the downgrade term of my quaterly subscription.
    I hope you can force the system to downgrade to the free plan from your side, again I would understand the minimum charge for somebody who paid nothing from the beginning but in my case I paid for my sim card and my plan ( only I did it in a store and not on the FreedomPop account)
    What I find disturbing is that someone who buy the some card for 1ct can downgrade for basically few $ and have the free service forever while I paid much more and I dont get that opportunity!
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin
    serafina said:

I understand it is the "system" fault and I understand if I was using a free trial sim card FreedomPop should charge something, however, in my case there was no mention of this mandatory charge in the downgrade term of my quaterly subscription.
    I hope you can force the system to downgrade to the free plan from your side, again I would understand the minimum charge for somebody who paid nothing from the beginning but in my case I paid for my sim card and my plan ( only I did it in a store and not on the FreedomPop account)
    What I find disturbing is that someone who buy the some card for 1ct can downgrade for basically few $ and have the free service forever while I paid much more and I dont get that opportunity!

You have a free service, but the system will not let us keep the account as free unless it detects active credit.
    Also, the downgrade credit refill or the fact credit is needed to downgrade is mentioned by a pop up when downgrading as well as on the signup order checkout.
    the signup order doesn't show up at all when i go to target and buy a sim card you know!
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 928 admin
    serafina said:

the signup order doesn't show up at all when i go to target and buy a sim card you know!

Hello,

We understand you're wanting to downgrade your account to the Free plan, however, as mentioned above a necessary charge is made when this happens which this allows the account to remain Active at all times. Leaving the account without money will automatically suspend the account. Our team is more than willing to help you with any other questions you might have.
    ok i ll then stop using it
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 928 admin
    serafina said:

ok i ll then stop using it

We understand. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help you further.