**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Release my device

tbfreelandtbfreeland Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
edited January 14 in Getting Started #1
Per your Support page, "to release your device, please contact us using the Submit A Ticket link." These instructions are not available to me because I no longer have you Premium Bullshit service, blah blah blah. Your phone service is trash, your messaging app slows the OS down to a crawl and crashes daily, and I can't even accept half of my incoming calls because your app is so poorly written. If you fixed your app so that it worked as advertised I might be willing to pay for the premium services as I did in the past. As it is I can no longer accept the sub-par quality and reliability of your "services". The fact that you have locked MY device without my consent is the last straw. Release my device,**9011200000519222649, asap and inform me when complete.
The fact that I have to post any of my personal device info on your publicly accessible forums is a violation of my privacy rights, and is just one more reason that I am leaving your "service".
Post edited by AlejandraG on

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,124FreedomPop Newbie admin

Per your Support page, "to release your device, please contact us using the Submit A Ticket link." These instructions are not available to me because I no longer have you Premium Bullshit service, blah blah blah. Your phone service is trash, your messaging app slows the OS down to a crawl and crashes daily, and I can't even accept half of my incoming calls because your app is so poorly written. If you fixed your app so that it worked as advertised I might be willing to pay for the premium services as I did in the past. As it is I can no longer accept the sub-par quality and reliability of your "services". The fact that you have locked MY device without my consent is the last straw. Release my device, ***011200000519222649, asap and inform me when complete.
    The fact that I have to post any of my personal device info on your publicly accessible forums is a violation of my privacy rights, and is just one more reason that I am leaving your "service".

Good day. We can see that this is a CDMA locked to Sprint device activated with us. ( We edited the ICCID to keep the information private)
    We can go ahead and request to release from our database to Sprint but if we do, it can only be used with other Sprint MVNO's like us, within the US. We do not have the availability to unlock it for GSM use, to use GSM sim cards within or outside the US, we do apologize.

If you need to unlock it for GSM instead of release, we recommend you contact Sprint directly, to see if as the main carrier, they offer such option. If you would like to proceed with us releasing the device, you will need to cancel your account.
  • tbfreelandtbfreeland Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I need the Sprint account number or Sprint phone number that is tied to this phone and the 6-10 digit PIN to access the account so that I can unlock my phone. You will need to email this information to me directly so as to not post it to a publicly accessible forum.

I need the Sprint account number or Sprint phone number that is tied to this phone and the 6-10 digit PIN to access the account so that I can unlock my phone. You will need to email this information to me directly so as to not post it to a publicly accessible forum.

We do apologize but we do not have that any information on the device or the previous account number with Sprint the device was under.
  • tbfreelandtbfreeland Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Then you need to get it. Are you telling me you sold me a device that you did not have the legal authority to sell to me? YOU were the entity that I purchased the phone from. YOU are responsible for providing me any and all information regarding my phone when I purchase it. You did not "provide" a phone to me, you SOLD a phone to me. You can either provide me the information as required by law, you can send me a replacement phone of equal or greater value with all of the required information, or you can refund me my purchase price.

Then you need to get it. Are you telling me you sold me a device that you did not have the legal authority to sell to me? YOU were the entity that I purchased the phone from. YOU are responsible for providing me any and all information regarding my phone when I purchase it. You did not "provide" a phone to me, you SOLD a phone to me. You can either provide me the information as required by law, you can send me a replacement phone of equal or greater value with all of the required information, or you can refund me my purchase price.

We are afraid that unable to unlock a device for GSM use, which was never guaranteed by Freedompop, is not something that would allow us to exchange it.
    Effective on purchases after 04/16/2016, here is the release policy you agreed upon signup:

"FreedomPop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny any releasing requests that it concludes may result in abuse of this policy or assist in any way in an effort to perpetrate fraud or any other unlawful conduct against FreedomPop or its customers. FreedomPop further reserves the right to change this releasing policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier's network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier's network. " Releasing" a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier's network on another carrier's network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, " releasing" a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks - a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by "releasing" it. Additionally, releasing a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., a released device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Please note that at the time of release, all warranty of the equipment and service becomes void. FreedomPop phones, hotspots, and accessories are only warrantied from the point of purchase when they remain on the FreedomPop network."

We are afraid that unable to unlock a device for GSM use, which was never guaranteed by Freedompop, is not something that would allow us to exchange it.
    Effective on purchases after 04/16/2016, here is the release policy you agreed upon signup:

"FreedomPop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny any releasing requests that it concludes may result in abuse of this policy or assist in any way in an effort to perpetrate fraud or any other unlawful conduct against FreedomPop or its customers. FreedomPop further reserves the right to change this releasing policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier's network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier's network. " Releasing" a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier's network on another carrier's network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, " releasing" a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks - a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by "releasing" it. Additionally, releasing a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., a released device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Please note that at the time of release, all warranty of the equipment and service becomes void. FreedomPop phones, hotspots, and accessories are only warrantied from the point of purchase when they remain on the FreedomPop network."

We will continue this over PM to better assist you.
This discussion has been closed.