**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Releasing my phone?

garretje16garretje16 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
edited January 14 in Community Lounge #1
I would like to release my phone to use with another provider, but it cost money to contact support, can somebody please help? My MEID is 35259606568413.
Post edited by garretje16 on

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin

I would like to release my phone to use with another provider, but it cost money to contact support, can somebody please help? My MEID is 35259606568413.

We can see that this is a CDMA locked to Sprint device activated with us.
    We can go ahead and request to release from our database to Sprint but if we do, it can only be used with other Sprint MVNO's like us, within the US. We do not have the availability to unlock it for GSM use, to use GSM sim cards within or outside the US, we do apologize.

If you need to unlock it for GSM instead of release, we recommend you contact Sprint directly, to see if as the main carrier, they offer such option. If you would like to proceed with us releasing the device, please confirm you would like to proceed.
  • applerulez1applerulez1 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to proceed. Thank you
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin

I would like to proceed. Thank you

We have requested to release the device to Sprint from our database. Please allow from 24-72 business hours to try to activate it with another Sprint MVNO provider.
This discussion has been closed.