**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Release my PHONE PLEASE!!!

lauramalterlauramalter Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I follow all the instructions for releasing a phone, submitting a trouble ticket, then FP won't allow you to submit a trouble ticket if you no longer have an account with them. I have a separate account (not related to this phone), but don't have the Premium VIP service that allows you to submit trouble tickets!!!! ACK!!

I brought a Sprint Samsung S7 Edge from the Sprint system to FreedomPop, and was never able to get it to make Over-the-Air Calls (only WiFi calls), so I dropped the service and would now like to RE-Activate the Samsung phone on the SPRINT NETWORK (not with a Sprint Sprint MVNO). PLEASE HELP!!!!

Phone IMEI 357090075136622
FreedomPop SIM Card last used with this phone ICCID #89011704278138329067

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you,
Laura

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin

I follow all the instructions for releasing a phone, submitting a trouble ticket, then FP won't allow you to submit a trouble ticket if you no longer have an account with them. I have a separate account (not related to this phone), but don't have the Premium VIP service that allows you to submit trouble tickets!!!! ACK!!

I brought a Sprint Samsung S7 Edge from the Sprint system to FreedomPop, and was never able to get it to make Over-the-Air Calls (only WiFi calls), so I dropped the service and would now like to RE-Activate the Samsung phone on the SPRINT NETWORK (not with a Sprint Sprint MVNO). PLEASE HELP!!!!

Phone IMEI 357090075136622
    FreedomPop SIM Card last used with this phone ICCID #89011704278138329067

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thank you,
    Laura

Hello Laura.
    Since your device was using an LTE sim of ours, that means the device was already unlocked when you started using our sim, it is one of the criteria devices being used with our LTE sims need to meet to be compatible.
    All you need to do is remove the LTE sim and delete any Freedompop app installed.
    You could also perform a factory reset on it after backing up your personal information and you should be good to go to use with other GSM sims.
  • lauramalterlauramalter Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I've tried that, and it didn't work. I may have put another one of my SIM cards (which are NOT LTE) in the phone (to try and get it to make over-the-air phone calls, which kept failing). Here's the other numbers associated with my other sim cards, can you check and see if it is registered on the system under any of these other SIMS? 760-456-7700, 760-456-7654, and 760-330-5535.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin

I've tried that, and it didn't work. I may have put another one of my SIM cards (which are NOT LTE) in the phone (to try and get it to make over-the-air phone calls, which kept failing). Here's the other numbers associated with my other sim cards, can you check and see if it is registered on the system under any of these other SIMS? 760-456-7700, 760-456-7654, and 760-330-5535.

We only sell one type of sim cards, the LTE ones for GSM unlocked device.
    But if you had a Sprint CDMA device which you tried to use with our sims, the phone wouldn't have been compatible and it wouldn't be locked to us either.
    This would explain why the device never worked with our LTE sim.

Separately, we ran MEID 357090075136622 under Sprint's CDMA database and were unable to find it.
    We recommend to first contact the company the device was originally purchased from to confirm if the device was GSM unlock or CDMA locked to them, at the time of purchase, because only they could tell the technology for sure.