**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Sprint Unlock

garretje16garretje16 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I called sprint and they told me that freedompop needs to call them to give them account info in order to unlock my device, they need the sprint account that this phone had and the pin. I bought this phone from freedompop, so all of this info should be on record. Thanks

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin

I called sprint and they told me that freedompop needs to call them to give them account info in order to unlock my device, they need the sprint account that this phone had and the pin. I bought this phone from freedompop, so all of this info should be on record. Thanks

Your device was just released to Sprint, you need to allow 24-48 business hours to be able to activate it with other Sprint MVNO.
    About the unlock, please be aware you were referred to then to determine if an unlock was possible but we cannot guarantee it will be. The only ones that can determine that and let you know, is Sprint.
    In our end, we are in the process of releasing it from the Freedompop database but any other information or requirement for GSM unlock, needs to take place with them directly.
  • applerulez1applerulez1 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I will need the sprint account info and pin in order for them to unlock it, what is it?

I will need the sprint account info and pin in order for them to unlock it, what is it?

We do not have such information as Freedompop only gives the availability to get a FP account for these type of devices, as a Sprint MVNO but any information regarding the original account it was linked to with Sprint, is not something we would be able to offer.
    As mentioned, if possible, only Sprint could help with the process but we cannot guarantee not to have the availability to be able to get the information required for a GSM unlock, we do apologize.

What would be the security quesion or the pin? Sprint is asking for it, I payed for this phone, why do I feel like I do not own it?

We understand that you purchased the phone, but since it was purchased, it was advertised and sold as a CDMA locked to Sprint. At no time, we guaranteed an unlock for GSM was possible.
    Also, we made you aware we can only release it for use to Sprint and that whether or not you could unlock it, you would need to speak to Sprint about it.
    We sincerely apologize but we do not have such information, it is not something we are choosing to keep to ourselves but at the time the ESN of the device is cleared and added to the Freedompop system to use with Sprint, no other information on it remains to be able to give you what you need to unlock it.