**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Call quality issues on Android

kiwasabikiwasabi Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
Does anybody else have call quality issues with Freedompop on Android? Both my roommate and I have this problem. He has gone so far as to only use Google Hangouts and just use Freedompop for data. I notice in the settings section of Messages there are all kinds of technical options there. I had found an old thread recommending something to checkmark in that menu to fix the issue, but it was from 2014 and could not find the option in there. The clarity issues are only for the person on the other end, I hear them perfectly. I already did the voice echo calibration settings and everybody still says the clarity is horrible. I'm on the Sprint network version of Freedompop and my roommate is on AT&T so it isn't specific to either one of them. Freedompop also shut off my ability to make tickets so I've come here hoping someone has a solution. I guess I could do what my roommate is doing and use Google Hangouts but I'd rather not have to give out a different phone number to everyone yet again.

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin
    kiwasabi said:

Does anybody else have call quality issues with Freedompop on Android? Both my roommate and I have this problem. He has gone so far as to only use Google Hangouts and just use Freedompop for data. I notice in the settings section of Messages there are all kinds of technical options there. I had found an old thread recommending something to checkmark in that menu to fix the issue, but it was from 2014 and could not find the option in there. The clarity issues are only for the person on the other end, I hear them perfectly. I already did the voice echo calibration settings and everybody still says the clarity is horrible. I'm on the Sprint network version of Freedompop and my roommate is on AT&T so it isn't specific to either one of them. Freedompop also shut off my ability to make tickets so I've come here hoping someone has a solution. I guess I could do what my roommate is doing and use Google Hangouts but I'd rather not have to give out a different phone number to everyone yet again.

Hi! LEt me see about any steps we could try.
    Can you please confirm your device's MEID number?
  • kiwasabikiwasabi Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    It is a Samsung Galaxy S5 with the following MEID info

Dec:256691515206776183
    Hex:0x99000450676577
    kiwasabi said:

It is a Samsung Galaxy S5 with the following MEID info

Dec:256691515206776183
    Hex:0x99000450676577

Thanks! Can you please confirm the version of Andoird your Samsung Galaxy S5 is running?
    Android version 6.0.1
    kiwasabi said:

Android version 6.0.1

Thanks! Can you please confirm your zip code?
    Could you ask me for all the info you need in one message so I don't have to wait 24 hours per response? My zip code is 80204
    kiwasabi said:

Could you ask me for all the info you need in one message so I don't have to wait 24 hours per response? My zip code is 80204

We see 4G LTE Excellent Signal on that zip code.
    There are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the device, now we have confirmed compatibility and that the account is active:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More (upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update. Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    5. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

After performing the PRL update please perform a carrier reset. In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL): 738276
    If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

Here are the steps to reset:

1. Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3. Enter # # 72786 #
    4. If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    5. Confirm the reset.
    6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process
    Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.

-Sync Account Data
    Go to Menu on the app and scroll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account".Log in with your phone number (ending in 3488)instead of email address.
    Thanks for that information. On an unrelated note, I was automatically topped up for $20...twice. And my account only ended up with $20 of it. But my bank account shows two $20 charges. And I don't remember authorizing $20 auto topup, only $10.
    kiwasabi said:

Thanks for that information. On an unrelated note, I was automatically topped up for $20...twice. And my account only ended up with $20 of it. But my bank account shows two $20 charges. And I don't remember authorizing $20 auto topup, only $10.

The $20 charge belongs to a top-up credit refill triggered after the monthly data allocation for the current period, Dec 27, 2018 to Jan 27, 2019, was consumed.
    Yes but you charged me TWICE for $20.
    kiwasabi said:

Yes but you charged me TWICE for $20.

We only see one charge. CAn you please confirm the dates for the $20 charges?
    The second one is still pending. The first one is for today 1/23.
  • Jossie GonzalezJossie Gonzalez Posts: 35 admin
    kiwasabi said:

The second one is still pending. The first one is for today 1/23.

Hi kiwasabi. It seems that the extra one you are referring to is a verification charge which drops automatically the following days as only one charge was attempted and confirmed on our end.