**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What options do I have to replace dead HTC Evo?

Hi, I have used my HTC Evo phone for only 6 months and it just went dead. It will not power up. Can I get a replacement phone myself and transfer my service to a new phone? Is there a transfer fee? Thanks.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do this:

1. BYOD a new phone
    2. In the messaging app, sign in to your old account email address to keep the number
    3. Add both accounts as friends so that there is an extra 50MBs to your plan.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternate plan.
    1. BYOD new phone using new email address ( $20 )
    2. Contact admin that you want to swap phones. They will ask for old & new email addresses in a pm. New phone has old phone no., friends, that one year unlimited service plan fully paid fore, etc. old phone has all useless new stuff.
    3. Deactivate old dead phone & toss into electronics recycle bin after removing battery. Battery to battery recycling.
    4. Enjoy new phone (assuming no hiccups)

That's assuming old phone is UN repairable.
    No transfer fee, unless you want to consider the BYOD fee as equivalent.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • chuynhchuynh Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Great! Thanks for all help. Is it possible to keep everything old;i.e. phone # and email id(except the dead phone) and skip the BOYD fee?
  • John SelhorstJohn Selhorst Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

You can do this:

1. BYOD a new phone
    2. In the messaging app, sign in to your old account email address to keep the number
    3. Add both accounts as friends so that there is an extra 50MBs to your plan.

Does this actually work?