**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cancel current plan

stasdinhstasdinh Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I don't want to cancel the account, but please cancel my current plan and switch to Free plan, thank you.

My phone number is (224) 215-5470

My Bests,
Hung Tran

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin
    stasdinh said:

Hi,

I don't want to cancel the account, but please cancel my current plan and switch to Free plan, thank you.

My phone number is (224) 215-5470

My Bests,
    Hung Tran

Hi! As the account holder, you can manage your services and subcritions online.
    To downgrade to the free plan, follow these steps on a PC

Step 1: To downgrade to the free plan, first make sure you are logged in at my.freedompop.com. Click here to go there now and log in. This page will stay open in a different website tab.

Step 2: Visit my.freedompop.com/plan.

Step 3: Finally, click on “To downgrade, click here”.
  • stasdinhstasdinh Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I followed up that, but that requests $20 TopUP while there is no any usage in the last 2 months. Now, the plan ends, I don't want to continue the current plan, please support to downgrade it on your end.

Thank you!

My Bests,
    Hung Tran

stasdinh said:

Hi,

I followed up that, but that requests $20 TopUP while there is no any usage in the last 2 months. Now, the plan ends, I don't want to continue the current plan, please support to downgrade it on your end.

Thank you!

My Bests,
    Hung Tran

Per our terms and conditions, account credit is required when downgrading otherwise it will trigger a $20 refill.
    We do apologize but we are unable to downgrade it for you without charging this top-up amount.
  • stasdinhstasdinh Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

Account and Plan/Subscription are different terms. Why canceling a plan means canceling the account? I just want to end the current plan/subscription and apply the free plan for the account. What's the purpose of this charge? The current plan ends, please support to apply the free plan to my account.

My Bests,
    Hung Tran
    stasdinh said:

Hi,

Account and Plan/Subscription are different terms. Why canceling a plan means canceling the account? I just want to end the current plan/subscription and apply the free plan for the account. What's the purpose of this charge? The current plan ends, please support to apply the free plan to my account.

My Bests,
    Hung Tran

You are not canceling the plan, you are just downgrading it from a paid to a free one. The only sims that do not have a plan at all, paid or free, are data only sims but they cannot use text or calls.
    As per our terms and conditions, because actual data usage may be delayed up to 3 hours, to protect ourselves from fraud and leakage, you must have minimum account balance to be on 100% Free account, if not, $20 will be added to your credit which can be used for data overage.

For more information, please check on this article.