**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Release my phone

Larry660Larry660 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I requested my phone be unlocked in December but it is still locked. I believe Carlos asked for my MEID 256691517502438182, which I provided. I just tried to activate with another carrier but am told it is still locked.

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,797 admin
    Larry660 said:

I requested my phone be unlocked in December but it is still locked. I believe Carlos asked for my MEID 256691517502438182, which I provided. I just tried to activate with another carrier but am told it is still locked.

Hi,

After reviewing checking up on your device's status I confirmed that your device has been successfully released and should be able to work with other CDMA compatible providers. However, please be aware that releasing a device does not necessarily mean that the device will work with just any carrier. Since the device is still locked to Sprint's network, the device can be activated with any Sprint based carrier..

Please click here to read more on the releasing a device. The section that metions this is titled: "Important Releasing Policy details".
  • Larry660Larry660 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for checking. From what you stated, I need to have Sprint unlock my phone or use a Sprint carrier?
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,797 admin
    That's correct. We simply release the device from FreedomPop's system. Unlocking a device is something that Sprint needs to do on their end.