**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

GSM LTE SIM registered and getting LTE signal but under 1mbps

BennetBennet Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I believe my device (OnePlus 5) is not something in FPs database for IMEI information. Could my device IMEI be registered to my account?
If not, what are my other options? I have used my phone on AT&T's network before and gotten 30mbps or more, just with a different mvno (not it's not locked to any carrier, it's factory unlocked bought from the manufacturer).

Please help!

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,198FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Bennet said:

I believe my device (OnePlus 5) is not something in FPs database for IMEI information. Could my device IMEI be registered to my account?
    If not, what are my other options? I have used my phone on AT&T's network before and gotten 30mbps or more, just with a different mvno (not it's not locked to any carrier, it's factory unlocked bought from the manufacturer).

Please help!

Hi! If your device is GSM unlocked, you can use it with one of out LTE sims.
    The BYOD portal is only for locked to Sprint CDMA devices.

Is your device a GSM unlocked or a CDMA locked to Sprint?
  • BennetBennet Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a GSM LTE SIM. It may or may not be a local tower issue.
    I'm also having trouble with audio quality however, even on wifi. Is there recommended audio and network settings within the FP messaging app?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,198FreedomPop Newbie admin
    Bennet said:

I have a GSM LTE SIM. It may or may not be a local tower issue.
    I'm also having trouble with audio quality however, even on wifi. Is there recommended audio and network settings within the FP messaging app?

Even though you have an LTE sim, the device you are planning to use it with needs to be GSM unlocked, running Android 4.1 or iOS 8.2+ for the sim to work properly.
    Can you please confirm the sim's ICCID number?

Also, if having issues with call quality, you might be interested in the diagnostics secondary app that can help you test your microphone as well as the speaker, please check out this article.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2216/kw/diagnostics