**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone Unlock

freedompopMIKEfreedompopMIKE Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
BYOD a Samsung J3 Emerge to FreedomPop. I was never able to make or receive calls. Closed my account with FreedomPop. Now even though the phone says it is unlocked, it will not recognize the new Cricket SIM. The FreedomPop phone number was 281-843-4657. The IMEI is 352510085922781. I need this phone unlocked.

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin

BYOD a Samsung J3 Emerge to FreedomPop. I was never able to make or receive calls. Closed my account with FreedomPop. Now even though the phone says it is unlocked, it will not recognize the new Cricket SIM. The FreedomPop phone number was 281-843-4657. The IMEI is 352510085922781. I need this phone unlocked.

Good day. After searching the system for the device with MEID, 352510085922781 we were unable to retrieve any information of the device being locked to the Sprint database.
    Since it was always a BYOD, you will need to contact the company you purchased it from, to confirm if it was a GSM unlocked or CDMA locked to a certain carrier device.
  • freedompopMIKEfreedompopMIKE Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    When I power up my phone, it says "Unable to detect Freedom Pop 4G LTE SIM. Free 4G LTE phone service requires a SIM. Login. Get a free SIM." It thinks it is on Freedom Pop which it is not. It also tries to run Freedom Pop Setup and tries to locate user for the device. How can it accept a different SIM? Virgin Mobile has unlocked it.
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin

When I power up my phone, it says "Unable to detect Freedom Pop 4G LTE SIM. Free 4G LTE phone service requires a SIM. Login. Get a free SIM." It thinks it is on Freedom Pop which it is not. It also tries to run Freedom Pop Setup and tries to locate user for the device. How can it accept a different SIM? Virgin Mobile has unlocked it.

Removing our sim as well as any freedompop app on it.
    Perhaps a factory reset?