**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone swap request can't call out

Andrew RudloffAndrew Rudloff Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
edit: read last message is current problem.

I just ordered a brand new in box S7 edge for sprint that has never been activated on any network (I guess it would be BYOP) I want to replace my current FP S4 phone account to the new S7 phone. What do I need to do on new phone can I use S4 Sim card and just have you guys change account over? If not what is my next step? Thanks
Post edited by Andrew Rudloff on

Best Answer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,797 admin

I just ordered a brand new in box S7 edge for sprint that has never been activated on any network (I guess it would be BYOP) I want to replace my current FP S4 phone account to the new S7 phone. What do I need to do on new phone can I use S4 Sim card and just have you guys change account over? If not what is my next step? Thanks

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you with this. When swapping one device for another, the new device must first be activated in FreedomPop's system so our services can work on it. https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod are the steps to do so.

Once the device is Active, send us both device's MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers so we can swap the old device for the new one.

Please be aware that to activate the new device, it's necessary for it to have a compatible SIM card in it and the S4's SIM card is not compatible with the S6 Edge. You need to get a SIM with SIMOLW416C specification for it to work.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
  • Andrew RudloffAndrew Rudloff Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
    Also with the tons of $.01 offers sent to me all time... I just want to change over the new phone to my old account S4 to the new phone should be easy right.

Also with the tons of $.01 offers sent to me all time... I just want to change over the new phone to my old account S4 to the new phone should be easy right.

Are you referring to replacing the old device with the new one? If so, we can definitely help you with doing so.
    No the offers for $.01 sim cards get all time is that what I need to order, cause phone is new in box not sure if comes with sim, it's going to be here tomorrow. So should I order on of those from FP then to the next steps? and I deleted most the offers can you send me link to one new ones.
    Phone is new in box will be here tomorrow not sure but will not have sim card in it or maybe does. So do I need to order one the FP sim cards to make the switch and the $.01 cards offers I get in email all time can you send me a new one so can use.
    So to do the BYOP it's going to cost over $30 just to get my new phone switch over? It's cheaper to just make a new account with one of the deals and have two phones that work why would I do that not tied into my phone # have now.. Give me better option please.
    Bought 3 in 1 sim kit, takes it on your site but when I put sim in phone says invalid sim card so sim card is bad?
    Also noticed that the Freedompop sim says it's T-Mobile.

Bought 3 in 1 sim kit, takes it on your site but when I put sim in phone says invalid sim card so sim card is bad?

Please provide us with the SIm card's ICCID numbers so we can take a closer look at it.
    it's 89011704278178201796
    I got it from Target just noticed this on site says "Compatible with most unlocked GSM AT&T and T-Mobile phones" so that's problem, I need one for sprint.
    I activated phone doing BYOP using sim came with phone. What can I transfer to old account just phone # or anything else if just # I will keep new one? New phone and # seem to only be able to call out over wifi when off no matter what # dial get busy signal says network not available connect to wifi, I am able to receive calls with wifi off thou. I updated the PRL no help.
    imei
    iccid
    for new phone please help fix.
    Also when activated new phone it charged me $2.49 for Visual Voicemail which I did not select please credit me back and also please turn off Automatic Top-up it will not let me it keeps having popup to buy safety mode.

Thanks

I activated phone doing BYOP using sim came with phone. What can I transfer to old account just phone # or anything else if just # I will keep new one? New phone and # seem to only be able to call out over wifi when off no matter what # dial get busy signal says network not available connect to wifi, I am able to receive calls with wifi off thou. I updated the PRL no help.
    imei
    iccid
    for new phone please help fix.
    Also when activated new phone it charged me $2.49 for Visual Voicemail which I did not select please credit me back and also please turn off Automatic Top-up it will not let me it keeps having popup to buy safety mode.

Thanks

Hi,

What brand and name of the device did you activate? We'll gladly provide you with troubleshooting steps once we know which device you have.

As for the charge made for the voicemail service; unfortunately, this charge cannot be refunded as the service will remain Active for the remaining of the billing cycle even though it has been removed from the account. Once the cycle changes, it will automatically deactivate and it will be removed so no further charges can be made for it.
    Its Samsung galaxy S7 Edge for sprint. Also please turn off auto top off can not do it on website. And also if I use my old account what is transferred over?

Its Samsung galaxy S7 Edge for sprint. Also please turn off auto top off can not do it on website. And also if I use my old account what is transferred over?

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have reset and updated your account to help fix the problem.

The first step we recommend is to perform an operating system update by going to (Settings > About the Phone > System Updates > Update Profile).

Then Remove and Reinstall the FreedomPop Messaging Application.

Be sure to Force Stop/Clear Data on Messaging App (Settings > Apps>Messaging > Force Stop/Clear Data)

Lastly, be sure to do a PRL update by:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    5. Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

and a Carrier Reset:

Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    Enter # # 72786 #
    If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code 266147. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right-hand corner.
    Confirm the reset.
    Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

As for the Auto Top-Up feature, it's necessary for the customer to deactivate it for the process to go through. A charge is made for the Safety Mode and there is credit added tot he account's balance as well. Please click here to read more on this feature.

If you'dl like to move something from another account to this one, we can transfer the phone number as well as any available credit in the account. We can also transfer available data.
    Still can't call out without wifi, I can get calls in with wifi off just not call out. Yeah I want to switch new account #ending 6400 to old account # ending 2020 since that one is already setup right. Also please unlock my old S4 phone before you switch it so I can sell old phone once this is all done.

Still can't call out without wifi, I can get calls in with wifi off just not call out. Yeah I want to switch new account #ending 6400 to old account # ending 2020 since that one is already setup right. Also please unlock my old S4 phone before you switch it so I can sell old phone once this is all done.

Are you looking to swap devices instead of phone numbers? If so, please send both devices' MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers so we can take a closer look at them.
    I want my new FP account & phone to be on old FP account you know swap phones and account like this thread says... so my new phone takes over old phone account and number .. and then make old phone ready unlock so can sell when this is done. You have both phones in my account one is S4 new is S7 move everything from new to S4 profile from new S7 and make S4 unlocked.

if not clear I got new S7 want it on my old S4 account follow new phone replace old phone!

I want my new FP account & phone to be on old FP account you know swap phones and account like this thread says... so my new phone takes over old phone account and number .. and then make old phone ready unlock so can sell when this is done. You have both phones in my account one is S4 new is S7 move everything from new to S4 profile from new S7 and make S4 unlocked.

if not clear I got new S7 want it on my old S4 account follow new phone replace old phone!

Understood. We can definitely replace the old device with the new one but before we modify your account in any way we want to make sure we're on the same page. When transferring a device to another account we can only transfer the account's phone number, any available credit, and data, however, the Rollover service needs to be activated to do the last one.

Let me know if you still want to go through with this and we'll do it right away.
    I not sure what that means? Rollover service... Really only thing I want is auto top off to be turned off without having to pay $7 month which is off on old account... and if can turn that off on new leave will leave new account alone (don't use phone much other than wifi) also when all done want to unlock S4 phone so can sell like said before.
  • DavenyDaveny Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Please transfer the account I have on the lg volt phone
    MEID number 99000355562016
    to the new 3 in 1 SIM card Byod phone
    MEID number 35667608379716

Please keep the LG volt active if possible and move the account from the 3 in one to the lg volt. Thank you

I not sure what that means? Rollover service... Really only thing I want is auto top off to be turned off without having to pay $7 month which is off on old account... and if can turn that off on new leave will leave new account alone (don't use phone much other than wifi) also when all done want to unlock S4 phone so can sell like said before.

We cannot deactivate the Auto Top-Up feature as it's up to the customer to deactivate it and a charge is necessary in order to do this. Please send us the S4's MEID (MAC) numbers so we can escalate it for a release right away.
    Daveny said:

Please transfer the account I have on the lg volt phone
    MEID number 99000355562016
    to the new 3 in 1 SIM card Byod phone
    MEID number 35667608379716

Please keep the LG volt active if possible and move the account from the 3 in one to the lg volt. Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are unable to swap an LTE SIM card with a CDMA phone as these two devices are different devices. Only similar devices can be swapped. For example, an LTE SIM card can only be exchanged with another LTE SIM and a phone with another phone. We can, however, swap phone numbers between any two accounts.
  • DavenyDaveny Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    edited February 5 #26
    Please disregard my other messages here, I got everything done by phone support thank you.
    Post edited by Daveny on
    CarlosG, I don't want to to release the S4 until I get the new S7 and it's account working. I still can not call out unless wifi is on I tried the fixes you posted and did not fix problem so what's the next step?
This discussion has been closed.