**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FP Private Internet

SRRarrSRRarr Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
If more than 1 device, how does that work? Would it not be all connecting via iphone as hotspot?
OR - Does it distinguish between iphone and other devices connecting via iphone as a hotspot?

If purchased for 3 devices, does it work for say another phone on another carrier?
Or another device on a different network (cable, or DSL)?

Thanks!

Answers

• SRRarrSRRarr Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    How much Data is allowed with FP Hotspot Devices?
    Don't know how post 2 came as an Answer, when I posted as a new Question!

Which leads me to another question ... same topic. I suppose this is not even available with the Basic 200 Plan, unless we add the "premium" pkg. to make my iphone 5c a Hotspot, then add the VPN service to make it secure. Is that Correct? Thanks!
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 931 admin
    SRRarr said:

If more than 1 device, how does that work? Would it not be all connecting via iphone as hotspot?
    OR - Does it distinguish between iphone and other devices connecting via iphone as a hotspot?

If purchased for 3 devices, does it work for say another phone on another carrier?

Thanks!

SRRarr said:

How much Data is allowed with FP Hotspot Devices?

SRRarr said:

Don't know how post 2 came as an Answer, when I posted as a new Question!

Which leads me to another question ... same topic. I suppose this is not even available with the Basic 200 Plan, unless we add the "premium" pkg. to make my iphone 5c a Hotspot, then add the VPN service to make it secure. Is that Correct? Thanks!

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with these issues. Please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where your hotspot is Active. Are you having issues with connecting an iPhone with your hotspot? Have you been able to configure your hotspot accordingly?
    CarlosG said:

SRRarr said:

I suppose this is not even available with the Basic 200 Plan, unless we add the "premium" pkg. to make my iphone 5c a Hotspot, then add the VPN service to make it secure. Is that Correct?
    Thanks!

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with these issues. Please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where your hotspot is Active. Are you having issues with connecting an iPhone with your hotspot? Have you been able to configure your hotspot accordingly?
    Confirmed Email twice. Don't have hotspot. Would like to make my iphone 5c a hotspot and have only Basic 200 account. Asking questions to determine what service I wish to add. Please read again my questions above. Do you not understand? Do I need to make clarifications for you?

Awaiting your reply,
    Thanks!
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 931 admin
    edited January 28 #6
    SRRarr said:

CarlosG said:

SRRarr said:

I suppose this is not even available with the Basic 200 Plan, unless we add the "premium" pkg. to make my iphone 5c a Hotspot, then add the VPN service to make it secure. Is that Correct?
    Thanks!

Hello,

Confirmed Email twice. Don't have hotspot. Would like to make my iphone 5c a hotspot and have only Basic 200 account. Asking questions to determine what service I wish to add. Please read again my questions above. Do you not understand? Do I need to make clarifications for you?

Awaiting your reply,
    Thanks!
    Using a phone as a hotspot depends on two things. Whether the device has hotspot capabilities and if the hotspot service has been added to the FreedomPop account. Please click here to get all the information on which service is available in your account and which one you'll need to add to have the option to turn your device into a hotspot.