**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Netgear Unite Remote Desktop Issues

NA_guy1NA_guy1 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have had a Netgear Unite with the basic service plan for a number of months. The service & connectivity have been quite good. Recently, the notebook PC I was using to connect to the Netgear Unite device needed to have an issue addressed by my company's IT team. The techs could not RDP (remote desktop) into my PC. If I connected the notebook PC to another wireless hotspot (ie. at home) they could remote into my machine to tackle issues. During the debugging process, we discovered that the Netgear Unite unit that I had simply would not allow RDP or even serve webpages to remote devices. We additionally discovered that devices connected to the Netgear Unite hotspot could not have SSH access from the outside world.

Thus it seems that traffic such as outbound port 80 (webpages), RDP and SSH are blocked on my device (which has had nothing altered in settings since receiving it a few months ago). I have looked at the settings page on the Netgear Unite device hotspot webpage and nothing seems amok. Is there something I can change or that a customer service can alter to allow such traffic? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 929 admin
    NA_guy1 said:

I have had a Netgear Unite with the basic service plan for a number of months. The service & connectivity have been quite good. Recently, the notebook PC I was using to connect to the Netgear Unite device needed to have an issue addressed by my company's IT team. The techs could not RDP (remote desktop) into my PC. If I connected the notebook PC to another wireless hotspot (ie. at home) they could remote into my machine to tackle issues. During the debugging process, we discovered that the Netgear Unite unit that I had simply would not allow RDP or even serve webpages to remote devices. We additionally discovered that devices connected to the Netgear Unite hotspot could not have SSH access from the outside world.

Thus it seems that traffic such as outbound port 80 (webpages), RDP and SSH are blocked on my device (which has had nothing altered in settings since receiving it a few months ago). I have looked at the settings page on the Netgear Unite device hotspot webpage and nothing seems amok. Is there something I can change or that a customer service can alter to allow such traffic? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop. After escalating your issue to our support team we have been advised that network settings cannot be changed due to the fact that we are a VOiP network provider and the system requires the current settings to work properly. Changing them would cause the device to lose network connectivity and signal completely. We apologize for the inconvenience.