**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Please unlock my devices.

andreaearlandreaearl Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I recently requested the following BYOD device (IMEI: 990005788613231) be unlocked from my cancelled account. While the account was confirmed as cancelled, I'm still waiting for it to be unlocked. Any further delay is unacceptable. I will remind you that it is unlawful for a carrier to keep a post-paid device (from an account in good standing) locked as per FCC agreements with all providers participating via CTIA-The Wireless Association. This needs to be rectified.

I am also requesting an additional device be released (MEID: 256691456405317431) that remains locked by Freedompop from several years ago. It is a shame that these unlock requests need to be made since devices should automatically be released, as they do with major service providers. Regards,

Best Answer

Answers

• andreaearlandreaearl Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Still waiting.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 927 admin

I recently requested the following BYOD device (IMEI: 990005788613231) be unlocked from my cancelled account. While the account was confirmed as cancelled, I'm still waiting for it to be unlocked. Any further delay is unacceptable. I will remind you that it is unlawful for a carrier to keep a post-paid device (from an account in good standing) locked as per FCC agreements with all providers participating via CTIA-The Wireless Association. This needs to be rectified.

I am also requesting an additional device be released (MEID: 256691456405317431) that remains locked by Freedompop from several years ago. It is a shame that these unlock requests need to be made since devices should automatically be released, as they do with major service providers. Regards,

Hi,

After thoroughly reviewing your case we have confirmed that the first device was not released due to system error which we have now corrected. Both devices have been escalated correctly this time and will be released in the next 24 hours. You can contact us back at any moment so we can confirm the release.
    It has been more than 24 hours and my first device still appears to be locked...

It has been more than 24 hours and my first device still appears to be locked...

The devices are being processed and will be released soon.
    It has been several days and the device(s) is still locked.
    Since it seems freedompop is unwilling or unable to release my BYOD post-paid device from my (confirmed, cancelled) account in good-standing, can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

It has been several days and the device(s) is still locked.
    Since it seems freedompop is unwilling or unable to release my BYOD post-paid device from my (confirmed, cancelled) account in good-standing, can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

Our support team has advised us that your devices have not been released today Monday, however, they have confirmed that the devices are set to be released. The release requests have been approved and it's only a matter of time for them to go through. Our system has had some issues lately with releasing devices and it's necessary to wait for the release to take place.

We are not avoiding their release nor are we denying them.
    Hi Carlos,
    While I appreciate your responsiveness, this has not addressed my question. I have no verification that the phone is to be released nor do I have an exact timetable as to when it will be released. Freedompop is purposefully withholding my device. According to you, FP is willing to release the device but have not yet done so due to either their inability and/or incompetence. There is an expectation for these devices to be released in a timely manner; failure to do so constitutes an actionable offense.
    Hence, I am back to my previous inquiry: can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

Hi Carlos,
    While I appreciate your responsiveness, this has not addressed my question. I have no verification that the phone is to be released nor do I have an exact timetable as to when it will be released. Freedompop is purposefully withholding my device. According to you, FP is willing to release the device but have not yet done so due to either their inability and/or incompetence. There is an expectation for these devices to be released in a timely manner; failure to do so constitutes an actionable offense.
    Hence, I am back to my previous inquiry: can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

can you please provide me with the necessary information to file a complaint and seek compensatory damages, i.e. reimbursement for the cost of my device(s)?

There is a system issue that is not allowing releases to go through at the moment and it's necessary to wait for our support team to fix the problem for it to automatically release both of your devices. We don't have a complaints page but you can leave us a review on our facebook or twitter pages and someone from our support team will definitely escalate it.
    Since Freedompop is either unwilling and/or unable to release my device(s), I ask again: how shall I seek compensatory damages, i.e., reimbursement for the cost of my device?
    Thank you.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.