**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need help transfering current FP phone number to new SIM card (same device)

revpowlesrevpowles Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
I just bought the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99, and received my new SIM card. I already have a Freedom Pop number/account that I would like to keep. Can you please help me transfer my current number to the new SIM card? My current number that I would like to keep is 717-366-6350, and the new ICCID number on the new SIM card is 89011704278202914018. I have an iphone 7. Thank you!

Best Answers

• revpowlesrevpowles Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    #2 Accepted Answer
    I previously asked for help transferring my current FP number to a new SIM card. Here is the text of my previous question:

I just bought the Premium LTE 1 GB Annual Promo for $49.99, and received my new SIM card. I already have a Freedom Pop number/account that I would like to keep. Can you please help me transfer my current number to the new SIM card? My current number that I would like to keep is 717-366-6350, and the new ICCID number on the new SIM card is 89011704278202914018. I have an iphone 7. Thank you!

Alejandra told me what to do, which included signing up for a temporary number, which I did. She then said:

"We have completed the transfer, please turn your device off and back on and when logging in the Freedompop app with the new sim, log in with the number ending in 6350."

I tried doing this (several times), but when I tried logging in to the FP app, I got a page that said I needed to choose a new phone number. I cannot log into my account with either my old number (the one I want to keep) or the new temporary number. I checked into my account on my computer, and it shows the transfer having been made, and my old number having the new SIM (like I want). How do I log into my account on my phone?
  • AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,122FreedomPop Newbie admin
    #4 Accepted Answer
    revpowles said:

Yes, the calls are going in and out, but the iPhone didn't ring. I just did some research online and found a site that addresses possible reasons why an iphone 7 won't ring and how to fix them. Their first suggestion was to check the "ring/silent" switch on the left side of the phone. This is going to sound kind of silly, but I didn't realize there was a "ring/silent" switch. I'm new to the iphone and just setting it up. I checked the switch and found it was switched off. Everything seems to be working just fine now. Thank you SO MUCH for your help and your patience. :)

NO worries, I'm glad to hear we were able to address this issue. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Answers

revpowles said:

Hi Mr. Poled! We can certainly help you with that, we just need you to assign a temporary number to the recently purchased annual sim, so we can then transfer the number ending in 6350. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Log into your account at my.freedompop.com.
    Step 2: Click on Devices.
    Step 3: Click on Select New Number.
    Step 4: Search for a new number by City & State, Zip Code, or Area Code.

If you have any trouble with this process, you may need to clear your browser history or start the process in a "Private" browser window.
    This is the temporary number (223) 777-0280 for the new annual sim card. Please transfer my number ending in 6350 to the new annual sim. Thank you!
    revpowles said:

This is the temporary number (223) 777-0280 for the new annual sim card. Please transfer my number ending in 6350 to the new annual sim. Thank you!

We have completed the transfer, please turn your device off and back on and when logging in the Freedompop app with the new sim, log in with the number ending in 6350.
    edited January 31 #8
    revpowles said:

I previously asked for help transferring my current FP number to a new SIM card. Here is the text of my previous question:

Alejandra told me what to do, which included signing up for a temporary number, which I did. She then said:

"We have completed the transfer, please turn your device off and back on and when logging in the Freedompop app with the new sim, log in with the number ending in 6350."

I tried doing this (several times), but when I tried logging in to the FP app, I got a page that said I needed to choose a new phone number. I cannot log into my account with either my old number (the one I want to keep) or the new temporary number. I checked into my account on my computer, and it shows the transfer having been made, and my old number having the new SIM (like I want). How do I log into my account on my phone?

Are you using an Android or iOS device?
    Can you please send a screenshot of what happens when you try to log in with the number ending in 6350?
    It's an iphone 7.

revpowles said:

It's an iphone 7.

Can you please confirm the sim you have inserted on the device is 89011704278202914018?
    That is correct.
    revpowles said:

That is correct.

Please delete the Freedompop messaging app and follow these steps:
    Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

Then -Enable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    Close the app and open again. Log in with the transferred phone number.
    I did everything you said to do. Here's what happened:

When I make an outgoing call to a landline, it rings on my cell phone and on the landline, but when the landline picks up neither one of us can hear the other talking, and the landline hangs up right away.

When I make an outgoing call to a cell phone, everything is fine. I can hear them and they can hear me.

When I receive a call from a landline, it rings on the landline but not on my cell phone and it doesn't connect. The same goes for receiving calls from a cell phone. It rings on the other person's cell phone but not on mine and it doesn't connect.

So basically, I can only make calls to other cell phones, and I can't receive any calls at all.
    revpowles said:

I did everything you said to do. Here's what happened:

When I make an outgoing call to a landline, it rings on my cell phone and on the landline, but when the landline picks up neither one of us can hear the other talking, and the landline hangs up right away.

When I make an outgoing call to a cell phone, everything is fine. I can hear them and they can hear me.

When I receive a call from a landline, it rings on the landline but not on my cell phone and it doesn't connect. The same goes for receiving calls from a cell phone. It rings on the other person's cell phone but not on mine and it doesn't connect.

So basically, I can only make calls to other cell phones, and I can't receive any calls at all.

Thanks for testing this out for us.
    Just a question, you are unable to get calls even while your device is on Wifi?
    Yes. Everything is the same whether I'm on data or on wifi.
    revpowles said:

Yes. Everything is the same whether I'm on data or on wifi.

We are afraid all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted but the factory reset.
    Please backup your device's personal data and perform a factory reset, to later reset apn's as well as download the FP messaging app, and login with phone number instead of email.
    I tried the factory reset. There was no change, except that I noticed it rings for the first call after changing ringtones, as long as I stayed on the FP app. There's no ring for the second and subsequent calls with the same ringtone. Once I change ringtones, the phone rings again (for the first call). If I leave the FP app, there is no ring at all, whether or not I change ringtones.

Is there any possibility that the SIM card could be damaged? My phone worked fine with the previous SIM, before things were switched over to the new one.
    revpowles said:

I tried the factory reset. There was no change, except that I noticed it rings for the first call after changing ringtones, as long as I stayed on the FP app. There's no ring for the second and subsequent calls with the same ringtone. Once I change ringtones, the phone rings again (for the first call). If I leave the FP app, there is no ring at all, whether or not I change ringtones.

Is there any possibility that the SIM card could be damaged? My phone worked fine with the previous SIM, before things were switched over to the new one.

Can you please confirm the factory reset took place by only reinstating your device's personal data (media docs) and not the apps?
    If apps were reinstated automatically, you will need to erase the FP app from the device to perform another reset and reset APNS and download the app again.
    I erased the FP app, then performed another factory reset and reset APNs, then downloaded the app again. No difference. I did discover that the phone will vibrate (on silent) when I get a call, just no ring. Now what?
    Yes, the calls are going in and out, but the iPhone didn't ring. I just did some research online and found a site that addresses possible reasons why an iphone 7 won't ring and how to fix them. Their first suggestion was to check the "ring/silent" switch on the left side of the phone. This is going to sound kind of silly, but I didn't realize there was a "ring/silent" switch. I'm new to the iphone and just setting it up. I checked the switch and found it was switched off. Everything seems to be working just fine now. Thank you SO MUCH for your help and your patience. :)
This discussion has been closed.