**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data does not work

ILMILM Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
Finally got the phone calls and texting to work.
I am using the free service for my son but if the wifi is turned off on his phone, the data does not work.
Please help.
ICCID: 89011704278203059300

Best Answer

Answers

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,164FreedomPop Newbie admin
    ILM said:

Finally got the phone calls and texting to work.
    I am using the free service for my son but if the wifi is turned off on his phone, the data does not work.
    Please help.
    ICCID: 89011704278203059300

Hi! It seems that the sim still needs to be activated.
    Please visit freedompop.com/activate on a PC to submit the ICCID number and be able to use the sim.
    Keep in mind a compatible unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.1 or iOS 8.2+ is required for our LTE sims.
  • ILMILM Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    If the SIM is not activated, how am I able to make and receive calls as well as texts?
    ILM said:

If the SIM is not activated, how am I able to make and receive calls as well as texts?

Likely, you are using our Freedompop app over Wifi. The FP app in your device would let you call and text but just as any regular voice and call app that uses data, like Whatsapp or Viber, to name some.
    I go through the activation steps, agree to pay 99 cents to activate and then get this:

404 - Sorry, the page does not exist

Here are some helpful links:

Visit your FreedomPop Account

Contact our Support Team

ILM said:

I go through the activation steps, agree to pay 99 cents to activate and then get this:

404 - Sorry, the page does not exist

Here are some helpful links:

Visit your FreedomPop Account

Contact our Support Team

To activate, please visit freedompop.comt/activate from a PC using an incognito or private window or after clearing cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please take a screenshot of the error to forward it over this discussion.

I get to this page (see screenshot)

Congratulations!
    You have successfully activated a FreedomPop SIM Card. Please select your phone number below.

I have already been through this process two times in the past and have to pick a new phone number each time. After picking a new number, the data still does not work.
    ILM said:

I get to this page (see screenshot)

Congratulations!
    You have successfully activated a FreedomPop SIM Card. Please select your phone number below.

I have already been through this process two times in the past and have to pick a new phone number each time. After picking a new number, the data still does not work.

The screenshot is not showing.

Now it says I have a new phone number - when I never went to the next step to get one.
    And I also have an email that I'll be charged $10.99 when I unselected all options (other than the 99 cents to activate)
    It should not be this complicated!

ILM said:

Now it says I have a new phone number - when I never went to the next step to get one.
    And I also have an email that I'll be charged $10.99 when I unselected all options (other than the 99 cents to activate)
    It should not be this complicated!

Our records show ICCID 89011704278203059300 has been activated under the phone number ending in 3197 under the [email protected] email address. The $10.99 cost belongs to $0.99 for the activation fee and $10 in credit the account needs to have, to operate on the free data plan selected.

Now, insert the sim on to the unlocked GSM device and follow these steps to ensure the system is set up correctly:
    For Android
    -Download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app, available a the Play Store or App Store

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

-Set APN

Tap on Settings
    Tap on Tethering & Networks
    Tap on Mobile Networks
    Make sure Mobile Data is checked
    Make sure Data Roaming is checked
    Tap on Access Point Names
    Tap the three dots in the top right corner, to open APN settings
    Tap the " New APN" button to add a custom APN
    Under the APN field, type in " fp.com.attz" .
    Under the name field, enter "FreedomPop". Leave the other sections blank.
    Go back to the previous menu, and you should see the new APN setting available.
    Select it.
    Reboot your phone

-Enable Roaming
    Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    Enable 'Data Roaming'

-Sync Account Data
    - Go to Menu on the app and srcoll down until you find the option that reads "Sync Account". Log in with phone number instead of email address.

For iOS
    iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

-Set APN:
    Using ONLY the Safari browser, visit https://www.freedompop.com/iosapn on your phone.
    Select U.S. as your country.
    Select LTE SIM as your product.
    Allow the certificate file to be downloaded. You may get a cellular Settings warning. Go ahead and tap on Install in the top right corner.
    Tap Done once the Install is complete.

Next, you need to download or update the FreedomPop application. This app is required for calling and texting. For the direct download go to:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-calling-texting/id835399970?mt=8

-Sync Account Data
    Log out of the FP messaging app and log back in.
    I've gone through these same steps 3 times since receiving the new sim card a few months ago.
    All three times with a new phone number and the same results.....only works on wifi.
    Can I please keep the number I had ending in 1989
    My son does not deal well with change based on some challenges he lives with.
    edited February 5 #14
    ILM said:

I've gone through these same steps 3 times since receiving the new sim card a few months ago.
    All three times with a new phone number and the same results.....only works on wifi.
    Can I please keep the number I had ending in 1989
    My son does not deal well with change based on some challenges he lives with.

We understand that you used the steps before but unlike now, the sim has been finally activated.
    Following the steps with a sim that hadn't been activated, would have never worked.

You have to follow the steps once again, WHILE OFF WIFI.
    I now have a new active account with a new phone number instead of an active account on the existing number.
    How do I merge this into one, while maintaining the original phone number ending in 1989?

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 983 admin
    ILM said:

I now have a new active account with a new phone number instead of an active account on the existing number.
    How do I merge this into one, while maintaining the original phone number ending in 1989?

Unfortunately, we are unable to merge two accounts however we can check out both devices to see if we can perform either a device swap or a phone number swap. Can you please confirm if you want phone number 1989 to be moved to the new SIM with ICCID 3059300?
    Yes please move the phone number ending in 1989 to the SIM ICCID ending in 3059300
    ILM said:

Yes please move the phone number ending in 1989 to the SIM ICCID ending in 3059300

We have successfully swapped the phone numbers between the accounts requested. Please turn the devices off and back on and let us know if they work properly.
    The device which has the LTE chip still shows the phone number ending in 3197 and not the number ending in 1989
    I have restarted the phone many times.
    I don't have any other devices with freedompop chips to restart.
    YES!!
    Thank you so much!
    ILM said:

YES!!
    Thank you so much!

We're glad to hear that your devices are working properly. Have a great week!