**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone can't find WiFi

Carl MaltzmanCarl Maltzman Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
My LG G3 will not find WiFi anymore.
I get a message that it is "connecting to WiFi," but it never does.
I have done a factory reset 3 times. When the page comes up that says "Set internet connection: Use Wi-Fi" I can not click that option, and it doesn't show my router or any other under "Wi-Fi networks."
My other FreedomPop phone is working fine on the WiFi.
Thank you for your help

Comments

• AlejandraGAlejandraG Posts: 5,123FreedomPop Newbie admin

My LG G3 will not find WiFi anymore.
    I get a message that it is "connecting to WiFi," but it never does.
    I have done a factory reset 3 times. When the page comes up that says "Set internet connection: Use Wi-Fi" I can not click that option, and it doesn't show my router or any other under "Wi-Fi networks."
    My other FreedomPop phone is working fine on the WiFi.
    Thank you for your help

Hi! After doing some research, we were able to find out this can sometimes a common bug on that model of device.
    Please visit this link to find a list of steps to troubleshoot it:
    https://www.technobezz.com/how-to-fix-lg-g3-wi-fi-not-connecting-issue/
  • Carl MaltzmanCarl Maltzman Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you.
    I tried all of that. It didn't work.
    I was on vacation when this happened, and it couldn't find a router at the resort I was staying. When I got home, I tried again, and had the same problem.
    Sometimes I get a message that the home screen is not responding. Sometimes the home screen freezes and does not respond. Sometimes there is no home screen, and I have to touch the little box to bring up previous pages, and go from there.
    I suspect that the phone's firmware is corrupted.

Thank you.
    I tried all of that. It didn't work.
    I was on vacation when this happened, and it couldn't find a router at the resort I was staying. When I got home, I tried again, and had the same problem.
    Sometimes I get a message that the home screen is not responding. Sometimes the home screen freezes and does not respond. Sometimes there is no home screen, and I have to touch the little box to bring up previous pages, and go from there.
    I suspect that the phone's firmware is corrupted.

Have you tried to back up your device's personal data and perform a factory reset to see if the Wifi and home screen issues persist?
    Yes. I have done a factory reset several times, both away on vacation using Disney World's WiFi, and back at home, with the phone inches away from my router. The same problems continue.
    By the way, my other FreedomPop phone, a Kyocera, has never had this problem.

Yes. I have done a factory reset several times, both away on vacation using Disney World's WiFi, and back at home, with the phone inches away from my router. The same problems continue.
    By the way, my other FreedomPop phone, a Kyocera, has never had this problem.

And just to confirm, the device in question is the LG under the email address you use for this forum, correct? Purchased on December 2018?
    Correct. By the way, when I do the factory re-set, when it comes to the page that should allow me to choose to use WiFi for the rest of the process, it does not allow me to click on the check box that says "Use WiFi."
    Thank you for helping me. This is, of course, very frustrating--especially because I needed it while on vacation!

Correct. By the way, when I do the factory re-set, when it comes to the page that should allow me to choose to use WiFi for the rest of the process, it does not allow me to click on the check box that says "Use WiFi."
    Thank you for helping me. This is, of course, very frustrating--especially because I needed it while on vacation!

We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.