**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need MSL code for HTC One V for Carrier Reset

stapfmstapfm Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, trying to get my phone working other than over Wifi.
Tried doing ##72586# carrier reset (as indicated in signup email), but it keeps prompting for a password.
From reading other postings it sounds like it may need the MSL code, but I did not receive one in any of the emails from FP, and it doesn't appear on the Devices screen on the website.
My FP phone # is 218-210-0809
What should I put in the password prompt? Or is there a different way to do carrier reset?

Thanks!

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stapfmstapfm Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorry, I thought I had included the MEID, but obviously I didn't.
    It's 270 113 181 115 025 827
    Thanks for all the info!

I tried installing the FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM from the link you provided, but it says it's not compatible with my HTC One V. Pretty sure it's because the One V is running Android 4.0.3, and the app says it supports 4.1 and above. "Software updates" indicates there are no updates available for the phone.

I side loaded an older version of the FP Messaging app (22.00.1068.0202) that supposedly supports 4.0, but there is no "More" or "System Updates" that I can see from "Settings" under the "3 bars / hamburger" menu in the upper left of the app. The nearest thing might be "Advanced settings - audio and network settings", but it's grayed out and doesn't do anything. That means I haven't been able to do a Profile Update nor a PRL update.

Do you know of an official/semi-official version of the app that may work better? Or a different way to do a Profile and PRL updates?

I appreciate all the help!
    Well that's a real bummer. Do you have any instructions on how to get and install Android 4.1 for the HTC One V? It doesn't seem like HTC issued 4.1 so it would have to be from someone else?
    I am going to attempt to get Android 4.1 installed on my HTC One V and then install FP Messaging Phone.
    If I'm unable to do that I'll mark this as closed.
    Do you mind if I leave this question open in case I have questions after installing Android 4.1?
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,122 admin
    stapfm said:

I am going to attempt to get Android 4.1 installed on my HTC One V and then install FP Messaging Phone.
    If I'm unable to do that I'll mark this as closed.
    Do you mind if I leave this question open in case I have questions after installing Android 4.1?

We're here to help in any way possible.