**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I swapped sim card between two phones for a day (cricket and FP). Now sim not working in

lynchnautlynchnaut Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
I put the sim card back into the phone I was using for FP and now I can't call or get online even though it shows connected to wifi. I cannot go to Apple's app store either. How can I fix this?

Best Answers

• lynchnautlynchnaut Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Problem solved: Of all the things to become blocked by Access Control in my new router: Apple. Not sure how that happened. Thanks for your time.

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 993 admin
    lynchnaut said:

I put the sim card back into the phone I was using for FP and now I can't call or get online even though it shows connected to wifi. I cannot go to Apple's app store either. How can I fix this?

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the SIM card's ICCID numbers so we can take a closer look at it.
    Which number would that be? The upper or lower number?
    Here's both

lynchnaut said:

Here's both

Got it. The ICCID is the combination of both sets of numbers.

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    edited February 9 #8
    1.I am unable to get online to download the app. This is an iphone. Going to Apple's app store displays the message: "cannot connect to app store" even though I see ATT mobile and wifi is connected.

2. done that

3. Itunes throws an error up trying to update the OS
    Post edited by lynchnaut on
    4. can't set apn because Safari can't get connected (safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding)

5. still looking for roaming in iphone 6s
    lynchnaut said:

4. can't set apn because Safari can't get connected (safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding)

5. still looking for roaming in iphone 6s

Hi,

Please click on this link to see if the steps in this page will help with your device's connection issue.

You'll also find some helpful steps here.
    Does A
    anyone know how i can make these adjustments?
    Hello? this solution does not work.
    lynchnaut said:

Hello? this solution does not work.

Have you tried to perform a Factory Reset on your device? If not, please click on this link to find the steps to properly do so.

This will save and remove all of your information and at the same time, reset your device so that it can be used programmed from scratch.
    ok I "reset all" and I have ATT, mobile, and wifi icons showing on the left top side of iphone yet it will not call out, receive calls or get online at all - not even the app store.
    In freedom pop app, I clicked "activate your freedompop device or sim and it goes to a browser page that is blank but shows freedompop on the top left replacing "ATT" but still shows mobile and wifi connected.
    lynchnaut said:

In freedom pop app, I clicked "activate your freedompop device or sim and it goes to a browser page that is blank but shows freedompop on the top left replacing "ATT" but still shows mobile and wifi connected.

What are the last four digits of the phone number that appears on the app? Have you been able to use any of the services?
    Carlos, i solved the problem myself. You can see that if you scroll up. I appreciate your time spent though.
This discussion has been closed.