**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I get refund right after downgrade?

nieleinielei Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi there,

I bought a new SIM Card in January. It had a a free trial period.
The free trial period had ended and I was charged $98.88 today without any nitifications.
I downgraded the plan right after I saw the charges since I readly do not need the Premium LTE 2GB plan.
Can I get refund as I did not use any benefits of the plan?

My phone number is ending with 8050.

Answers

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    nielei said:

    Hi there,

    I bought a new SIM Card in January. It had a a free trial period.
    The free trial period had ended and I was charged $98.88 today without any nitifications.
    I downgraded the plan right after I saw the charges since I readly do not need the Premium LTE 2GB plan.
    Can I get refund as I did not use any benefits of the plan?

    My phone number is ending with 8050.

    Hi!

    After checking your account, we found the following information.

    These are renewal charges:

    ***Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual $71.94
    ***FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual $26.94

    Please be aware that the activation of the sim and services you agreed upon signup, is something we, as Freedompop, enable when the sims ship. Unless you downgrade and remove any services or plans obtained at checkout before your trial expires, even though you never inserted or used the sim, will generate a renewal fee.

    You made the downgrade after we charged the renewal charges. This means you will have the FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual & Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual service until 08/08/2019, where the downgrade will take effect on 08/08/2019.

  • nieleinielei Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    MarcelaS said:

    nielei said:

    Hi there,

    I bought a new SIM Card in January. It had a a free trial period.
    The free trial period had ended and I was charged $98.88 today without any nitifications.
    I downgraded the plan right after I saw the charges since I readly do not need the Premium LTE 2GB plan.
    Can I get refund as I did not use any benefits of the plan?

    My phone number is ending with 8050.

    Hi!

    After checking your account, we found the following information.

    These are renewal charges:

    ***Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual $71.94
    ***FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual $26.94

    Please be aware that the activation of the sim and services you agreed upon signup, is something we, as Freedompop, enable when the sims ship. Unless you downgrade and remove any services or plans obtained at checkout before your trial expires, even though you never inserted or used the sim, will generate a renewal fee.

    You made the downgrade after we charged the renewal charges. This means you will have the FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual & Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual service until 08/08/2019, where the downgrade will take effect on 08/08/2019.

    OK.
    This seems a trap for me.

    More follow up questions:
    1.Why you charge the service by Semi-Annual instead of monly?
    2. Any chance I can pay the service fee only 1 month instead of 6 months as I already downgrade?
    3. Can I get the service fee refunded if I close the account?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    nielei said:

    MarcelaS said:

    nielei said:

    Hi there,

    I bought a new SIM Card in January. It had a a free trial period.
    The free trial period had ended and I was charged $98.88 today without any nitifications.
    I downgraded the plan right after I saw the charges since I readly do not need the Premium LTE 2GB plan.
    Can I get refund as I did not use any benefits of the plan?

    My phone number is ending with 8050.

    Hi!

    After checking your account, we found the following information.

    These are renewal charges:

    ***Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual $71.94
    ***FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual $26.94

    Please be aware that the activation of the sim and services you agreed upon signup, is something we, as Freedompop, enable when the sims ship. Unless you downgrade and remove any services or plans obtained at checkout before your trial expires, even though you never inserted or used the sim, will generate a renewal fee.

    You made the downgrade after we charged the renewal charges. This means you will have the FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual & Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual service until 08/08/2019, where the downgrade will take effect on 08/08/2019.

    OK.
    This seems a trap for me.

    More follow up questions:
    1.Why you charge the service by Semi-Annual instead of monly?
    2. Any chance I can pay the service fee only 1 month instead of 6 months as I already downgrade?
    4. Can I get the service fee refunded if I close the account?
    Hi!

    1. When you set up the service you chose the Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual
    2. There is no way to pay only one month of service since it was set up for an annual subscription.
    3. The charges are not refundable, please reference our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Sections - Disputed Charges / Taxes and Surcharges ) provided in the link below:

    https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm
Sign In or Register to comment.