**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop sim card not working any more after trip

John_MiddletonJohn_Middleton Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I removed my FreedomPop sim card when I went to Colombia South America for 1 week and used a local carrier sim. Once I removed the local carrier sim card and put my FreedomPop sim card back in the USA, I cannot make/receive calls or text messages. I tried an android carrier reset and it says invalid MMI code. What should I do?

Comments

• Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 133FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Check that your APN is still set. Some phones erase the FreedomPop APN when you use another SIM. See https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/~/apn-settings---lte-sim for instructions.

FYI, carrier reset with a code only works with Sprint phones.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,007 admin

I removed my FreedomPop sim card when I went to Colombia South America for 1 week and used a local carrier sim. Once I removed the local carrier sim card and put my FreedomPop sim card back in the USA, I cannot make/receive calls or text messages. I tried an android carrier reset and it says invalid MMI code. What should I do?

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please provide us with the ICCID numbers printed on the SIM card you are attempting to use so we can take a closer look at it.
  • John_MiddletonJohn_Middleton Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for your response. ICCID numbers 8901170427 8156951776
    When I try to make a call, it says the call I am trying to make is not available from this line!
    CarlosG, did you get my response with the ICCID numbers? Also, I checked FreedomPop APN and it is set correctly.
    John

Thanks for your response. ICCID numbers 8901170427 8156951776
    When I try to make a call, it says the call I am trying to make is not available from this line!

CarlosG, did you get my response with the ICCID numbers? Also, I checked FreedomPop APN and it is set correctly.
    John

Please follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

6) Please log out of your app and log back into the app.

Click on this link an go to the last answer in this thread to see if it helps in any way.
    CarlosG, I followed your recommended steps and it is WORKING fine now. Thank you so very much for your help.

CarlosG, I followed your recommended steps and it is WORKING fine now. Thank you so very much for your help.

I'm glad to hear that. Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.