**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to reset the device!

Sumit PatilSumit Patil Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have forgotten the passwords for the device & hence want to reset the device to set it up again.
But I am not able to reset it. I tried pushing pin into reset, the device restarts, but the wifi SSID & PWD are retained. I even tried removing battery, but that too did not help.

Can someone help me?

Comments

• MiFi 4082MiFi 4082 Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you try "admin" or "freedompop" ? (the defaults)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    @Sumit Patil‌ Hey Sumit, could you please try performing a reset of the device again; underneath the rubber button is a rocker switch if you don’t push the button in the right place with enough pressure it will not respond. Some times it can take 3-4 times before a hard reset will work completely if it already responded. I've attached a image below as well to help with this :)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    @Sumit Patil‌ Or you can try to connect to a computer via usb and log into device utility and they can change ssid & pw to whatever you like. Hope all this helps!!!
  • FreedomPopWizFreedomPopWiz Posts: 28Guest
    If you are unable to hard reset your Photon by holding the power button for 15 seconds or using the pen-sized hole, you will need to follow the steps below to restore your device to factory settings:
    Once you are connected to your device's Wi-Fi connection, open a browser and go to "192.168.1.1".
    Login to the utility using the admin password.
    Go to Device Setup and there will be a link to "reset device". This is what you will need to use.
  • DarthRogueDarthRogue Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @davidstreet11‌ how exactly can one connect to the device WiFi IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE PASSWORD?
  • kevinsc1kevinsc1 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My password is not working to access my Galaxy S III phone. Any ideas to get back into the phone or will a factory reset be needed?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a password to unlock phone ? Not sure you even have access to factory reset.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • SouthernSouthern Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    For Galaxy S3:

1) Make sure that your Galaxy S3 is switched off.
    2) Press and hold the Volume UP and Home buttons simultaneously.
    3) WHILE holding down the Volume UP and Home Buttons, press and hold the Power ON button until the phone turns on.
    4) CONTINUE holding down the Volume Up and Home buttons, but release the Power button. Keep holding down the Volume & Home buttons until you get to the Factory Menu.
    5) Release the Volume & Home Buttons.
    6) Use the Volume DOWN key to scroll down to the Wipe data/factory reset selection and choose it using the Power button. ...
    7) Scroll down to Yes — delete all your user data and select it using the Power button.

Keep in mind this may wipe out all data on your Micro-SD Storage card as well, so if you have data on there you don't want to risk deleting, remove the storage card while the phone is powered off.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Southern‌
    good job on the instructions, but you might save it for the S3....There is a Video also floating around that Jorge M just released for updating profile and prl.....

@kevinsc1‌
    Please read Sothern instructions

@DarthRogue‌
    Instead of connecting wireless, connect via usb(will act like a Ethernet connection)

check this post out....
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/21706/#Comment_21706

take a peek at the links!!!

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop