**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Upgrade from Global Fogg SIM to LTE SIM card

jhtfljhtfl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I like to upgrade my service from the old global fogg sim card to newly received LTE sim card, but I cannot find the link or button to do that from your website. Please help. Thanks!

Answers

• jhtfl said:

I like to upgrade my service from the old global fogg sim card to newly received LTE sim card, but I cannot find the link or button to do that from your website. Please help. Thanks!

We apologize for the inconvenience, the reason why your account got deactivated is that we are officially transitioning from Global SIM(FOGG SIM) to our lightning fast LTE SIM card. On the other hand, you can take advantage of the pop-up banner that will appear when you log in to your account and upgrade your SIM.

By doing this you will be receiving a new LTE SIM card delivered from us to your current shipping address. Your Global SIM’s number and plan will be then transitioned to the new LTE SIM you will receive, you will not need to buy a new SIM as we are going to provide you a dedicated one to replace your current Global SIM.

Please follow the guide here to upgrade your Global SIM to our LTE SIM: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3531/kw/Upgrade

Once you have the new LTE SIM, simply replace your Global SIM with the new LTE SIM and set up APN and you should be good to go.

Please note, however, that since you are upgrading your Global SIM to our LTE SIM, you would no longer be able to use the sim in other countries once you upgrade, as the LTE SIM would only work on the U.S.
  • jhtfljhtfl Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    MarcelaS said:

jhtfl said:

We apologize for the inconvenience, the reason why your account got deactivated is that we are officially transitioning from Global SIM(FOGG SIM) to our lightning fast LTE SIM card. On the other hand, you can take advantage of the pop-up banner that will appear when you log in to your account and upgrade your SIM.

By doing this you will be receiving a new LTE SIM card delivered from us to your current shipping address. Your Global SIM’s number and plan will be then transitioned to the new LTE SIM you will receive, you will not need to buy a new SIM as we are going to provide you a dedicated one to replace your current Global SIM.

Please follow the guide here to upgrade your Global SIM to our LTE SIM: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3531/kw/Upgrade

Once you have the new LTE SIM, simply replace your Global SIM with the new LTE SIM and set up APN and you should be good to go.

Please note, however, that since you are upgrading your Global SIM to our LTE SIM, you would no longer be able to use the sim in other countries once you upgrade, as the LTE SIM would only work on the U.S.
    I already bought and got the LTE SIM. When I tried to click the top banner on your website in order to do the upgrading, nothing showed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    jhtfl said:

MarcelaS said:

jhtfl said:

I already bought and got the LTE SIM. When I tried to click the top banner on your website in order to do the upgrading, nothing showed up.
    Hi!

Since you purchase a new sim card go to https://www.freedompop.com/activate.

Once you're there, you'll need to place the sim card's ICCID number and a different email address in order to create a new account, you will need to have a temporary number.

Once it's active, I'll be able to move the old phone number to this new account.