**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

transfer FP number to new phone with the same SIM as old phone

MaguroMaguro Posts: 38FreedomPop Newbie
I have a new iPhone 5s to replace the old iPhone 5s that I was using before.
I have transferred the SIM to the new phone. I would like to get the new phone working with the same phone number as the old phone.

Best Answers

Answers

• MaguroMaguro Posts: 38FreedomPop Newbie
    ICCID is 8901 1201 0001 0376 2058
    The phone has an IMEI and a MEID in the settings. I'd like to have exactly the same plan as I had with my previous phone, which was GSM.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,101 admin
    Maguro said:

ICCID is 8901 1201 0001 0376 2058
    The phone has an IMEI and a MEID in the settings. I'd like to have exactly the same plan as I had with my previous phone, which was GSM.

The ICCID provided above shows to be associated with the iPhone with phone number 5656. Please confirm the new iPhone's IMEI numbers so I can search for its account and confirm what needs to be done.
    The IMEI is 35 696506 594783 4
    edited February 26 #9
    Maguro said:

The IMEI is 35 696506 594783 4

We were unable to find this device. Can you also confirm if you've activated this device through our BYOD system yet?
    I didn't realize I had to do that. I just went ahead and entered the IMEI and ICCID into the BYOD system, and it said there was a problem and I had to call some number.
    Maguro said:

I didn't realize I had to do that. I just went ahead and entered the IMEI and ICCID into the BYOD system, and it said there was a problem and I had to call some number.

Please contact our sales department to get assistance with activating your device through our BYOD system. You can dial (877) 848-2810 to reach them or you can also call them at (888) 743-8107.
    Every time I call the sales department at the numbers you suggested, it tells me I have to upgrade my service in order to get phone support.
    I tried calling from a different number and got to a live person, but then he transferred me to some support line where I ended up being told again that I had to upgrade to get anyone to talk to me.
    Maguro said:

Every time I call the sales department at the numbers you suggested, it tells me I have to upgrade my service in order to get phone support.
    I tried calling from a different number and got to a live person, but then he transferred me to some support line where I ended up being told again that I had to upgrade to get anyone to talk to me.

Please try (888)701-1353 in order to get direct access to our support team.

The number you gave me takes me to sales.
    When I explain my issue to them, they say they are connecting me to "support", but then I get asked for my phone number. If I give my phone number, I'm told I can only get help online. If I don't give my phone number then it sends me back to sales.

I am happy to do this activation online: I just need someone to get the network to recognize my new phone with the old SIM in it.
    When I tried doing this by giving my new phone's MEID at the BYOD webpage, the page displays a "validating" message which stays there for ever, it never completes the process.

Maguro said:

The number you gave me takes me to sales.
    When I explain my issue to them, they say they are connecting me to "support", but then I get asked for my phone number. If I give my phone number, I'm told I can only get help online. If I don't give my phone number then it sends me back to sales.

I am happy to do this activation online: I just need someone to get the network to recognize my new phone with the old SIM in it.
    When I tried doing this by giving my new phone's MEID at the BYOD webpage, the page displays a "validating" message which stays there for ever, it never completes the process.

Can you please confirm what type of payment card you are using? Is it a credit or a debit card?
    My account is linked with PayPal to pay my monthly bill.
    Maguro said:

My account is linked with PayPal to pay my monthly bill.

Is this the same PayPal account you are using to sign up the BYOD device?
    I haven't got to the point of being asked about payment methods. When I enter the MEID in the BYOD webpage it displays a spinning wheel and says "Checking availability, please wait" and it just sits like that for ever.
    Maguro said:

I haven't got to the point of being asked about payment methods. When I enter the MEID in the BYOD webpage it displays a spinning wheel and says "Checking availability, please wait" and it just sits like that for ever.

Can you confirm if you know for sure that your device is CDMA and is compatible with our services? These errors usually happen when the device is not free to be activated.
    In the settings it has an MEID and an IMEI. Doesn't that mean it is CDMA and GSM compatible?
    Other than looking at the settings, I don't know how to tell its compatibility.

The phone was given to me by Apple as a replacement for my old phone. It has never been used before.
    Maguro said:

In the settings it has an MEID and an IMEI. Doesn't that mean it is CDMA and GSM compatible?
    Other than looking at the settings, I don't know how to tell its compatibility.

The phone was given to me by Apple as a replacement for my old phone. It has never been used before.

Usually, when a device is both CDMA and GSM compatible it should be able to work both ways with us, however, we have seen many cases in which some device's, especially iPhones, having problems with signing up through our CDMA portal but are able to use our services with a GSM SIM card.

Our advice is to check and see if your device is able to work as a GSM phone by getting any GSM SIM card near you and trying to use its services. If it works that way, you'll be able to purchase one of our SIM cards and try out services.
    I have done that. I inserted a GSM SIM and it connected to the AT&T network. That means my phone is a GSM phone.
    I already have a GSM SIM that worked with FreedomPop in my previous iPhone, and that is what I am trying to use with this phone.
    Maguro said:

I have done that. I inserted a GSM SIM and it connected to the AT&T network. That means my phone is a GSM phone.
    I already have a GSM SIM that worked with FreedomPop in my previous iPhone, and that is what I am trying to use with this phone.

In that case, we can confirm that the device will not work as a CDMA device while the device's network functionality is set as GSM. To use our services on your device, you'll need to purchase an LTE SIM card from our online store or from any of our online retailers.
    OK, I can do that, but I don't understand how that will help.
    If I use a new SIM then when I go to the BYOD website and enter the MEID or IMEI, it will still be the same number as it is now. How will putting a different SIM in the phone affect how the BYOD website responds?
    Maguro said:

OK, I can do that, but I don't understand how that will help.
    If I use a new SIM then when I go to the BYOD website and enter the MEID or IMEI, it will still be the same number as it is now. How will putting a different SIM in the phone affect how the BYOD website responds?

When using our LTE SIM card there is no need to activate the device through our BYOD page as our SIM card will come with the services already activated in it.
    My new LTE SIM has arrived and I have activated it.

I would like to transfer my existing FP phone number ending 5656 to the new SIM (which was assigned a phone number ending 6907)
    Yes, all working perfectly now.
    Can we delete the 6907 number form my acount, then?
This discussion has been closed.