**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot Make Outgoing Calls

ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
My registered account is [email protected]

I receive a SIM card and I subscribe to your service Feb 13. I was assigned the phone number (727) 300-4415. I was able to activate the phone. The phone is a brand new phone (Blu Advance 5.2).

But trying to make a call, it tells me that I am not allow to make a call from this line. It tells me to call 611 on this cell phone, or 1-800-331-0500. When I call this 800 line, it is AT&T. They cannot help.

I have never been able to make a call from this cell phone. I can receive calls.

Please help me. You can call me on the landline (727) 202-7735, or email to me [email protected]

Answers

  • ilovevan said:

    My registered account is [email protected]

    I receive a SIM card and I subscribe to your service Feb 13. I was assigned the phone number (727) 300-4415. I was able to activate the phone. The phone is a brand new phone (Blu Advance 5.2).

    But trying to make a call, it tells me that I am not allow to make a call from this line. It tells me to call 611 on this cell phone, or 1-800-331-0500. When I call this 800 line, it is AT&T. They cannot help.

    I have never been able to make a call from this cell phone. I can receive calls.

    Please help me. You can call me on the landline (727) 202-7735, or email to me [email protected]

    Hi!

    Our team is glad to assist you.

    Please follow the following steps:

    1) Remove the FreedomPop Free Calling, Texting, & SMS app and turn off your phone for two minutes.

    2) Remove and Reinstall the SIM card and turn your phone back on.

    3) Set APN

    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn lte

    4) Reinstall the FreedomPop Free Calling, Texting, & SMS app by downloading it from App Store. [email protected]

    5) Sync Account Data

    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/kw/sync

    6) Make sure your device's Operating System is updated to it's latest version.

    Please let us know what the results are.
  • ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I follow the procedure you wrote. Unfortunately, the same problem exists. Even worst, I can no longer receive calls
  • ilovevan said:

    I follow the procedure you wrote. Unfortunately, the same problem exists. Even worst, I can no longer receive calls

    Hi!

    We have escalated this information to the appropriate team. As soon as we have more information we will contact you on this channel.

    We appreciate your patience.

  • ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Any news from the team that you have escalated? I have bought the service more than 2 weeks and I still cannot use the phone. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    ilovevan said:

    Any news from the team that you have escalated? I have bought the service more than 2 weeks and I still cannot use the phone. Thanks.

    Hi!

    After account verification, we can see the App is not up to date. You can update apps or allow apps to be updated automatically on your Android device, through the Google Play Store.

    Please perform the following steps:
    1.Open the Google Play Store app.
    2. Tap on my Apps to view your downloaded apps. Apps with available updates are labeled "Update."
    3.Select individual apps to update or touch "Update All" to download all available updates.

    I'd recommend completing the updates over a WiFi network, to avoid using your data. Due to the recent account changes we advise you to refresh the FreedomPop Messaging app. To do this please follow the steps provided below, as this will ensure that all systems are synchronized and please after that can you attempt to make a phone call or try to see if you can get access with you mobile data.
  • ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

    You write "To do this please follow the steps provided below", but you may have forget to provide the steps. There is no steps below your message.

    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    ilovevan said:

    Hi,

    You write "To do this please follow the steps provided below", but you may have forget to provide the steps. There is no steps below your message.

    Thanks.

    Here is the link

    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/kw/sync account

    Please let us know if it is working properly.
  • ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

    I update all apps, reboot the device, bring up the Freedompop Messaging, resync the account. Still no luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    ilovevan said:

    Hi,

    I update all apps, reboot the device, bring up the Freedompop Messaging, resync the account. Still no luck.

    Hi!

    Please confirm what is the Android version you have on your phone. Do you have a dual sim by any chance?
  • ilovevanilovevan Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    It's Blu Advance 5.2, single SIM. It's Android version 8.1.0, patch level January 5, 2019.
  • happycloudhappycloud Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue, with the phone(612) 405-6486, it worked ok days ago. SOS, if I buy the phone and pay for monthly fees, then when I want to make a call, it does not call, sigh.
Sign In or Register to comment.