Top-up setting question

Frank_BFrank_B Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, when I want to downgrade my account it asks for top-up credit in order to be downgraded to the free plan, which makes sense. So, I went over and purchased $10 dollars worth of Top-up credit. Now when I go back to the deactivate screen, it still says it's going to add $20 to my account. I read on this forum that the minimum is $5 dollars, so will it charge me or is it just spooking me?

Best Answer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    Frank_B said:

Hello, when I want to downgrade my account it asks for top-up credit in order to be downgraded to the free plan, which makes sense. So, I went over and purchased $10 dollars worth of Top-up credit. Now when I go back to the deactivate screen, it still says it's going to add $20 to my account. I read on this forum that the minimum is $5 dollars, so will it charge me or is it just spooking me?

Hi,

The charge made to downgrade the account is $20 and it is added to the account's credit balance once it's been processed. It helps with keeping the Free account Active and helps to add data in case there is ever data overage. Please read more on this here.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
  • Frank_BFrank_B Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    CarlosG said:

Frank_B said:

Hi,

The charge made to downgrade the account is $20 and it is added to the account's credit balance once it's been processed. It helps with keeping the Free account Active and helps to add data in case there is ever data overage. Please read more on this here.

can you refund my ten dollars of top-up credit then?
    Frank_B said:

CarlosG said:

Frank_B said:

Hi,

can you refund my ten dollars of top-up credit then?
    Please confirm the last four digits of the device's phone number so we can take a closer look at your account where the $10 were charged.
    1500 is the last four digits. It says on the website you linked to that if you do not have the minimum account balance then it will charge you the $20 downgrade fee, however, I already have the minimum account ballance so that confuses me.
    Frank_B said:

1500 is the last four digits. It says on the website you linked to that if you do not have the minimum account balance then it will charge you the $20 downgrade fee, however, I already have the minimum account ballance so that confuses me.

We have removed and refunded the $10 of credit. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for it to appear back in your card. As for the $20, FreedomPop policy indicates that at least $20 is needed to downgrade the account This is necessary for several reasons, including keeping the account Active while on the Free plan. Should the credit be removed, the account would be suspended until more credit is added.
    Frank_B said:

You're welcome. Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.