I've had freedompop for several months. My phone just stopped making and receiving calls. How fix?

Wes255Wes255 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I've had freedompop for several months. My phone just stopped making and receiving calls. How fix?

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    Wes255 said:

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the last four digits of your device's phone number so we can take a closer look at it and analyze it further.
  • Wes255Wes255 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    7032 is the last four. There was a Samsung update a few days ago. I wonder if that caused it. Text messaging seems to be working. I was able to make one call on WiFi but mostly I can't call out or receive calls. I received one call on via WiFi but it they said it was breaking up and it dropped the call.

Samsung tech support tried to call me on while I was on my WiFi connection a few times and they just went to my voicemail. They suggested the cause is on my providers end "FreedomPop". I tried refreshing the account-sync and redoing the APN settings. Also I reinserted the sim card and restarted the phone.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    Wes255 said:

7032 is the last four. There was a Samsung update a few days ago. I wonder if that caused it. Text messaging seems to be working. I was able to make one call on WiFi but mostly I can't call out or receive calls. I received one call on via WiFi but it they said it was breaking up and it dropped the call.

Samsung tech support tried to call me on while I was on my WiFi connection a few times and they just went to my voicemail. They suggested the cause is on my providers end "FreedomPop". I tried refreshing the account-sync and redoing the APN settings. Also I reinserted the sim card and restarted the phone.

Hello,

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.