**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Device Swap Request.

ajskellyajskelly Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
iPad to iPad
OLD MEID = 35205906087234
NEW MEID = 35488709284742
TN=...-...-2490
Hello? Anybody out there?
Post edited by ajskelly on

Best Answers

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,120 admin
    ajskelly said:

iPad to iPad
    OLD MEID = 35205906087234
    NEW MEID = 35488709284742
    TN=...-...-2490
    Hello? Anybody out there?

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Can you please provide us with a brief summary of your case so we can take a closer look at it?
  • ajskellyajskelly Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought a new iPad, and I wish to replace the current iPad on my account with the new one. I have moved the SIM card from the old iPad to the new iPad. I provided the information that I see being requested in other device swap requests.
    ajskelly said:

I bought a new iPad, and I wish to replace the current iPad on my account with the new one. I have moved the SIM card from the old iPad to the new iPad. I provided the information that I see being requested in other device swap requests.

Can you please confirm the last four digits of your device's phone number as well as the ICCID printed on the SIM card you moved to the new device?

And as in my original post 2490
    So it has been 10 days now since I requested a device swap. As far as I know, I've supplied you every piece of information you've requested. Are you ever going to perform the device swap?
    ajskelly said:

So it has been 10 days now since I requested a device swap. As far as I know, I've supplied you every piece of information you've requested. Are you ever going to perform the device swap?

I apologize for the delay. I will work as quickly as possible to get your case resolved ASAP. The device with ICCID ending in 848545 appears to be an old SIM card and has phone number 2490 assigned to it. If you moved the SIM card from the old device to the new one, then you should be able to use the services properly, although it may need some troubleshooting for it to work correctly.

Also, I must mention that for the SIM to work on the new device, this new phone needs to be GSM Unlocked with an up to date operating system and it needs to have the correct app installed. What error are you having when you try to use the services?
    This is the old iPad, an iPad Air 1

This is the new iPad, an iPad 6th Gen @ iOS 12.1.4

As you can see above it does connect to the AT&T network, 4G multiple bars.
    The most common error message I get is

Which when I click through I get

Is there anything else I can get you?

You Also requested that the app must be installed.

I don't know which step worked, but it did start working. On the APN configuration is asked me to select one of two different SIM cards, US and Global. What is the correct answer for the SIN card I have.
    ajskelly said:

I don't know which step worked, but it did start working. On the APN configuration is asked me to select one of two different SIM cards, US and Global. What is the correct answer for the SIN card I have.

US would be the correct answer. Are you able to use all of the services on the device?
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but yes all functions are working. After getting the data connection working, it took a while to pry the iPad out of my daughter's hands to test voice and text.
This discussion has been closed.