Cannot login after upgrading FreedomPop messaging app from Google Play

VPinVPin Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi. I ordered and got 2 sim cards from you - for 2 tablets ZTE K88 and ZTE K92. Both worked fine for 1 week. Today I upgraded your mobile app from google play and after that I see a prompt "Error locating account" with manual login option. I tried to enter both phone nums and password for this account which I use here with email. and no success with login - I got the same error.
There was no problem before upgrading your mobile app. but I saw the same 1st phone num on both devices in your mobile app.
When I logged to your website I see both phone nums in my account.
Please fix that asap.
Thanks, VPin

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    VPin said:

Hi. I ordered and got 2 sim cards from you - for 2 tablets ZTE K88 and ZTE K92. Both worked fine for 1 week. Today I upgraded your mobile app from google play and after that I see a prompt "Error locating account" with manual login option. I tried to enter both phone nums and password for this account which I use here with email. and no success with login - I got the same error.
    There was no problem before upgrading your mobile app. but I saw the same 1st phone num on both devices in your mobile app.
    When I logged to your website I see both phone nums in my account.
    Please fix that asap.
    Thanks, VPin

Hello,

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
  • VPinVPin Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi. That didn't help. I have reinstalled your mobile app on both devices and again I see a loop with "cannot locate account"
    The problem is most likely with your mobile app upgraded versions as I can login with both these accounts without problem on my phone where I have an older ver. of your app 24.00.1317.0928
    Please fix that asap. otherwise I will cancel my payment subscription for those 2 accounts in 2 days
    Thanks
    VPin said:

Hi. That didn't help. I have reinstalled your mobile app on both devices and again I see a loop with "cannot locate account"
    The problem is most likely with your mobile app upgraded versions as I can login with both these accounts without problem on my phone where I have an older ver. of your app 24.00.1317.0928
    Please fix that asap. otherwise I will cancel my payment subscription for those 2 accounts in 2 days
    Thanks

We are currently having issues with the latest update of our app, however, our support team is working on getting it fixed ASAP. Please try out a previous version if you still have it available and your services should work normally.
  • pacufishpacufish Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you VPin for the info. I was having the same issue and using the older version of the app got me going :)
    I did find that an even older version of the app (20.04.947.1003) did not prompt for the manual login and worked fine as well.
    pacufish said:

Thank you VPin for the info. I was having the same issue and using the older version of the app got me going :)
    I did find that an even older version of the app (20.04.947.1003) did not prompt for the manual login and worked fine as well.

I'm glad to hear that. Have a great week!