No Data connection.

TdkellyTdkelly Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I have no Data connection when off WiFi. Have read the forums, checked apn settings, connected to WiFi and synced account, etc. When I turn off WiFi or leave home and try to open the fp app I get an error about having no Data connection. Phone status bar had 4 bars and att logo.

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,260 admin
    Tdkelly said:

I have no Data connection when off WiFi. Have read the forums, checked apn settings, connected to WiFi and synced account, etc. When I turn off WiFi or leave home and try to open the fp app I get an error about having no Data connection. Phone status bar had 4 bars and att logo.

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated with the account where this device is Active and send the last four digits of the phone number as well.
  • ax135max135m Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue.

I have an iphone 4S using GSM 3in1 SIM card with the Basic 200 plan. The number is is ending with 2646. It has been working since last year. I not used it in a few month. While I can make calls on WIFI, it does not work when I turn WIFI off. When I make a call using the Freedompop (non-WIFI), the Freedompop error message "no connection, please go to your phone settings and turn on wifi or cellular data for connection. I have four bars on the phone. Can you look into this for me. Thank you, George. Please email me at [email protected]
  • ax135max135m Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, I too am having the same issue. I have an iphone 4S using GSM 3in1 SIM card with the Basic 200 plan. The number is ends with 2646. It has been working since last year. I not used it in a few month. While I can make calls on WIFI, it does not work when I turn WIFI off. When I make a call using the Freedompop (non-WIFI), the Freedompop error message "no connection, please go to your phone settings and turn on wifi or cellular data for connection. I have four bars on the phone. Can you look into this for me. Thank you, George. My ID is [email protected], the ICCID ends with 5299.
  • John_Tu3John_Tu3 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue. I have an i-phone 6. Recently I purchased SIM card from Freedompop. I was able to install per instruction and use Freedompop's calling and texting when Wi-Fi is on. However, when there is no Wi-Fi, I can not access data to use internet to call or text from FP app (no access to internet). I got the same message "no connection, please go to your phone settings and turn on wifi or cellular data for connection." I searched extensively on Freedompop support site and Google, and was able to change APN to freedompop.foggmobile.com. However, I still could not get the data to work when there is no WiFi. I also followed the troubleshooting tip from FP site to type ##873283# on the native caller. It gave an error message, and did not work. Resetting the phone did not do anything either. Please help!!!
  • John_Tu3John_Tu3 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    My issue resolved. Just to share my experience. I purchased 2 SIM cards, the second one was a mistake. So I cancelled the second phone # from my account before the SIM cards arrived. I still received 2 SIM cards. The problem is that each SIM card was not labelled with phone #. By chance, I put in the wrong SIM card in which phone # was already cancelled.

After I switched to the correct SIM card, no issues anymore.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @John_Tu3 - Great to hear of your success !

For others with 2 or more SIMs in the account and needing to identify which SIM is which, here is a link that can reveal the ICCID with each device you have.
    Log into your account and then click the link below. It shows the device name with the ICCID of ALL the devices under that email address.
    https://www.freedompop.com/account/device_list.htm
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • cmacma Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 10 #8
    Hello, I am having the same issue. I have LGV20 and was working flawlessly for the past year. Around a week ago, it started to have EHRPD 1, MIP 67 error when WiFi was not connected. If WiFi is connected, it works fine. I tried all options got from the FP forum, such as ##72786# reset, power off, update FP APP, verify my account, etc. it still doesn't work. Tried PRL and profile update, I got "authentication error. please try again later" error. Would someone help me for this issue? Many thanks in advance!
    Post edited by cma on
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 593 admin
    cma said:

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have LGV20 and was working flawlessly for the past year. Around a week ago, it started to have EHRPD 1, MIP 67 error when WiFi was not connected. If WiFi is connected, it works fine. I tried all options got from the FP forum, such as ##72786# reset, power off, update FP APP, verify my account, etc. it still doesn't work. Tried PRL and profile update, I got "authentication error. please try again later" error. Would someone help me for this issue? Many thanks in advance!

Hello, @cma. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We have reset and refreshed your account. Please power cycle your device and sync account data following these steps.

Let us know if you have any further questions so we can help.
    Hi EuniceL,

Thanks much for the help!! I did the steps as you suggested and it still doesn't work. When I powered on the phone, it pops up a Hands Free activation screen from Sprint. then it shows: "This device has not been registered with an account. Do you want to connect this device to an account for network service? No, Yes", if I select Yes, it will ask me to "switch device, or new line....", if I select No, then the screen disappears. FP messaging synced account, it still shows "No data connection" if I turned WiFi off. it works fine if WiFi is connected. Please let me know if you need more information. very appreciate your help!!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15 #11
    @cma - the weekend has started. Possibly the Sprint cellular tower nearest you may have gone offline (for extended service ? or whatever) and the next closest one is too far away to connect to.

Try walking/ driving near other towers in your area. Two is enough for testing the phone. Park safe & legal where you can see much of the tower above trees etc. 1000 ft away is fine. Turn on phone with WiFi OFF and mobile data ON, it should find a Sprint signal if Sprint is using that tower. If your phone works at getting mobile data and therefore the App can call etc. then that proves the tower nearest you has gone dark for an unknown reason to us. Check with nearby Sprint store to see if they are willing to explain the dark tower near you.

OR if you have another Sprint device (or neighbor does) then you can test your Signal access at your home area. Find where that phone works great and test yours one more time for getting a signal.

Post your results here by Sun eve for @EuniceL to review.
    Hi Rich Sias,

Thank you so much for the help!! I did all as you suggested in the comments. It has the same result. I also did the power OFF/ON and the hands free activation screen pops up as before. It shows "This device has not been registered with an account. ....". Actually the Sprint signal is not bad as it shows 4 bars for the signal strength indicator on the phone. Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thank you again and have a great weekend!
    edited June 16 #13
    @cma - from your notes then I see you get 4 bars. That is on a band that FreedomPop does not use, but the ones that they do are likely equivilent to at least 2.5 - 3 bars. Plenty good enough signal.
    My interpertation of what is going on is your phone is attempting to login via Sprint to FreedomPop but FreedomPop is saying 'I don't know you' and rejecting the connection. You account is not properly setup on their servers. Generally an admin will 'refresh' and account that will fix most issues. Or they may have to rebuild and reactivate the account.
    This should be plenty of info for them to go on.

One question they usually ask here is "Is your account needing fixing the one associated with your forum login ?
    If not post last 4 digits of phone number and last digits of MEID or they will ask for the full numbers in a PM.

I see EuniceL got that back earlier in this conversation with you.
    I see she reset and refreshed your account and that did not make a difference in your account. Maybe it was done on a different account than the one you are having issues with. Or may need to be passed to tech support team to really dig deep into problem.
    Hi Rich Sias,

Thank you so much for the kindly help!
    I remembered about one year ago I had the same thing, phone worked all with only WiFi is connected. Freedompop tech supporter did something and fixed the issue. I don't know what they did on their side.
    Here is the information you asked:
    My last 4 digits of phone number is 1988, and the last digits of MEID (Hex) is 4.
    Is account needing fixing the one associated with your forum login?
    the login user ID is different, FP forum is cma, FP phone account uses email. Both email address are the same.
    Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks again!!
    Now up to when @EuniceL will notice the need and work it for you cma. Since she has helped a few days earlier.
    Thanks much Rich Sias for the helps!!
    Quick question, is there a way to send an email/a notice to her directly? Also, every time I "POST COMMENT", it took around 24 hours to be posted on the forum. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to be posted quickly? Hope EuniceL see this posts soon:-)
    @cma - you can PM her. Click on her name where you see it. On her 'page' in upper right is Message button. That starts the Private message to that person. No delay with a PM. After about 6 'no spam' posts, then no delay in forum posts either.
    Thanks much Rich Sias for the tips!! Great, learn something new:-)
    Thanks Rich! I tried to PM to Eunice on her page, there is an Add Comment button only, No Message button. May be I am not in the support/help group? Anyway, I added comment to her, it will be posted after the approval.
    @cma, Odd. I went there and I see her name+admin then off to the right is the [message] button in white. Below is the About section. More below is the public postings area on her page. With a comment area and an add comment button in blue.

Maybe it only appears when the "6" th message is cleared for posting.. You have 14 postings to your name so there should be no more timers etc. anymore.
    Thanks much Rich for checking the status!! It looks like still "to be approved" delay there as I noticed. I added comment to Eunice and she may be too busy to check the comment. Also, I used different web browser to check the page, it is the same result, there is no "Message" button there. May be it is available only for different group/login ID? It has been 3 weeks for this issue. As you mentioned before, the phone may need a rebuild for the account or deactivate/reactivate. Do you know who can do that, or you could do that? Have a great weekend Rich!!
    cma said:

Thanks much Rich for checking the status!! It looks like still "to be approved" delay there as I noticed. I added comment to Eunice and she may be too busy to check the comment. Also, I used different web browser to check the page, it is the same result, there is no "Message" button there. May be it is available only for different group/login ID? It has been 3 weeks for this issue. As you mentioned before, the phone may need a rebuild for the account or deactivate/reactivate. Do you know who can do that, or you could do that? Have a great weekend Rich!!

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response. Your account appears to be Active and working properly. Can you confirm if you are having issues with using your services?
    Hi Carlos,
    Thanks much for checking my status!! Very appreciate it.
    1) my phone works fine if WiFi is connected. phone call, text message works no issue.
    2) about 3 weeks ago, it started to have an issue for calls or text message if WiFi is NOT connected. I tried many times to reset network carrier by ##72786#, power off, update FP APP, verify my account, etc. it still doesn't work. Tried PRL and profile update, I got "authentication error. please try again later" error. Also, every time when I reset the phone and powered on, it pops up a Hands Free activation screen from Sprint. it shows: "This device has not been registered with an account. Do you want to connect this device to an account for network service? No, Yes", if I select Yes, it will ask me to "switch device, or new line....", if I select No, then the screen disappears. By the way, it shows 4 bars for the signal strength indicator on the phone. So the signal looks good.
    3) here is my phone info just in case you may need it:
    My last 4 digits of phone number is 1988, and the last digits of MEID (Hex) is 4.
    The FP forum and the FP phone account use the same email address.
    4) is it possible to rebuild my phone account or deactivate/reactivate it to see if that will fix the issue?
    many thanks in advance!!
    cma said:

Hi Carlos,
    Thanks much for checking my status!! Very appreciate it.
    1) my phone works fine if WiFi is connected. phone call, text message works no issue.
    2) about 3 weeks ago, it started to have an issue for calls or text message if WiFi is NOT connected. I tried many times to reset network carrier by ##72786#, power off, update FP APP, verify my account, etc. it still doesn't work. Tried PRL and profile update, I got "authentication error. please try again later" error. Also, every time when I reset the phone and powered on, it pops up a Hands Free activation screen from Sprint. it shows: "This device has not been registered with an account. Do you want to connect this device to an account for network service? No, Yes", if I select Yes, it will ask me to "switch device, or new line....", if I select No, then the screen disappears. By the way, it shows 4 bars for the signal strength indicator on the phone. So the signal looks good.
    3) here is my phone info just in case you may need it:
    The FP forum and the FP phone account use the same email address.
    4) is it possible to rebuild my phone account or deactivate/reactivate it to see if that will fix the issue?
    many thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Are you still having issues with using your device and services?
    Hi Carlos,
    Yes, the issue is still there and not fixed yet. see the details in above comments. Thanks much for checking the status.
    @CarlosG
    cma said:

Hi Carlos,
    Yes, the issue is still there and not fixed yet. see the details in above comments. Thanks much for checking the status.
    @CarlosG

Please send us a screenshot of the error message you get when you attempt to use the services so we can take a closer look at it.