**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

phone swap

rabbit2502rabbit2502 Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
I want to swap out my dying moto e for an iPhone 6s I recently acquired. I bought a sim from best buy but I need to keep my old freedompop number. I've had it through several carriers and everyone I know has it.

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,131 admin

I want to swap out my dying moto e for an iPhone 6s I recently acquired. I bought a sim from best buy but I need to keep my old freedompop number. I've had it through several carriers and everyone I know has it.

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please provide us with both devices' MEID (IMEI or DEC) numbers so we can take a closer look at them. Have you activated the iPhone in FreedomPop's system?
  • rabbit2502rabbit2502 Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    OK, my existing phone is the Moto E 2nd gen MEID 256691539908419188. The new phone is an iPhone 6s MEID 35326007346764. Yes the iPhone is activated in the system
    This seems to be taking quite a while to get done. Did I leave something out? Or mistype the MEID's maybe. Please let me know
    let me try this once again (maybe I can get it right). my existing phone is the Moto E 2nd gen MEID 256691539908419188 the phone number that I want to keep and move to my new iPhone is 218-410-2957. The new phone is an iPhone 6s MEID 35326007346764. Yes, the iPhone is activated in the system and the phone number is 386-400-5727. Thanks so much for your time.

let me try this once again (maybe I can get it right). my existing phone is the Moto E 2nd gen MEID 256691539908419188 the phone number that I want to keep and move to my new iPhone is 218-410-2957. The new phone is an iPhone 6s MEID 35326007346764. Yes, the iPhone is activated in the system and the phone number is 386-400-5727. Thanks so much for your time.

Hi,

We apologize for the delay. Please confirm if you'd like to have the devices swapped or simply swap the phone numbers between the accounts mentioned.
    Ok, thanks. What I need is the 218 410 2957 number moved to the iPhone MEID 35326007346764. The older Moto E is dying. It gets very hot all the time, hot enough that I am afraid it might catch on fire in my pocket. The battery only lasts about 12 hours on stand by so I have to charge it all the time so I'm attempting to replace it altogether with the iPhone. Thanks.

Ok, thanks. What I need is the 218 410 2957 number moved to the iPhone MEID 35326007346764. The older Moto E is dying. It gets very hot all the time, hot enough that I am afraid it might catch on fire in my pocket. The battery only lasts about 12 hours on stand by so I have to charge it all the time so I'm attempting to replace it altogether with the iPhone. Thanks.

Hi,

We were unable to find the iPhone with MEID 35326007346764. Have you activated this iPhone through our BYOD activations page?
    Yes, I did activate it. Well, I thought I did. I can make calls and I have a phone number assigned 386 400 5727. let's try IMEI 65 326007 346764 2 Phone does still show AT&T in the upper left corner though. but it has a freedompop profile

Yes, I did activate it. Well, I thought I did. I can make calls and I have a phone number assigned 386 400 5727. let's try IMEI 65 326007 346764 2 Phone does still show AT&T in the upper left corner though. but it has a freedompop profile

The device with phone number 2957 appears to be a Moto E and the one with 5727 is an LTE SIM card. Do you simply want a phone number swap?
    Yes, I think that's what it would be. I just want the number ending in 2957 moved to the LTE sim card which is in the iPhone 6s. But I am not going to keep the Moto E after the swap is done as it has reached the end of its battery's life.

Yes, I think that's what it would be. I just want the number ending in 2957 moved to the LTE sim card which is in the iPhone 6s. But I am not going to keep the Moto E after the swap is done as it has reached the end of its battery's life.

We have successfully swapped the phone numbers between the accounts requested. Please turn the devices off and back on and let us know if they work properly.
    Ok, the phone seems to be working. Except my the plan I had premium 500 and the data 7.14 GB I had accumulated has disappeared. So what happened to it? It also says I am going to be billed a hundred bucks in 20 some days when I have been paying 7.99 on a per monthly basis. A hundred bucks is a nonstarter for me as I'm on a limited income which is why I started with Freedom Pop in the first place. I use my phone very little most of the time. And a hundred bucks would overdraw my account and cause me to be unable to buy my medications and pay my rent.

Ok, the phone seems to be working. Except my the plan I had premium 500 and the data 7.14 GB I had accumulated has disappeared. So what happened to it? It also says I am going to be billed a hundred bucks in 20 some days when I have been paying 7.99 on a per monthly basis. A hundred bucks is a nonstarter for me as I'm on a limited income which is why I started with Freedom Pop in the first place. I use my phone very little most of the time. And a hundred bucks would overdraw my account and cause me to be unable to buy my medications and pay my rent.

Hi,

Only the devices were swapped which means that every setting the previous account had stayed there. We are unable to move an account's plan and services from one account to the next. The best way to move forward is to replace the device back to where it was and move the old phone number to that account.
    I'm not sure what that means. All I have been trying to do was replace a dead phone with a working one. I read your article on doing this and understood that I had to activate the replacement phone on a new account to do this. My Moto E only works as long as it's plugged into the charger. Unplug it and it's dead in 10 minutes. So it's useless and I'm going to get rid of it. The iPhone seems to be working but I've lost my plan and accumulated data. So what steps do I need to follow to get that back along with my 218 phone number all on the iPhone and working?

I'm not sure what that means. All I have been trying to do was replace a dead phone with a working one. I read your article on doing this and understood that I had to activate the replacement phone on a new account to do this. My Moto E only works as long as it's plugged into the charger. Unplug it and it's dead in 10 minutes. So it's useless and I'm going to get rid of it. The iPhone seems to be working but I've lost my plan and accumulated data. So what steps do I need to follow to get that back along with my 218 phone number all on the iPhone and working?

Hi,

The 218 number is associated with the LTE SIM card that has ICCID 89011704278235847045. Is this the device you have in the iPhone?
    Yes, that is correct.
    I forgot to mention that I was told that this phone would work on GSM or CDMA either one.

Yes, that is correct.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are unable to swap two different devices like a phone and a SIM card as the system does not allow this to be done. Which is why only the phone numbers were swapped.

Do you have another CDMA device you can activate in order to replace the old device?
    No. It the only other phone I have. It claims to support GSM, UMTS, td-sCDMA, and LTE (FDD and TD) cellular technologies. The friend I bought it from son works for Apple and he told his dad it would work on GSM OR CDMA either one. But I don't know the difference. But I do know I can't keep a phone that costs a hundred bucks at one payment even if it were for a hundred years of service as I just don't have that kind of money. I pay 8 bucks monthly on auto payment once a month and that's stretching it for me.

No. It the only other phone I have. It claims to support GSM, UMTS, td-sCDMA, and LTE (FDD and TD) cellular technologies. The friend I bought it from son works for Apple and he told his dad it would work on GSM OR CDMA either one. But I don't know the difference. But I do know I can't keep a phone that costs a hundred bucks at one payment even if it were for a hundred years of service as I just don't have that kind of money. I pay 8 bucks monthly on auto payment once a month and that's stretching it for me.

We understand. Although most devices can be GSM and CDMA at the same time, iPhones usually tend to work with only one type of network instead of both at the same time. Which is why iPhones can only be set as GSM or as CDMA but not both.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll gladly help.