After updating my billing information successfully "Your account is currently suspended". WHY???

rangerzenrangerzen Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
My account remain suspended after I updated my credit card information. Data works fine. But everytime when I try to call, the voice message says"You account is currently suspended. Please update your billing information at freedompop.com". After I updated the card, and made purchase successfully, I still can't make calls, and I get an "account suspended message" when trying to make a call. (my phone number is ending with 9901.

Why is it still suspended???

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rangerzenrangerzen Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie

rangerzen said:

My account remain suspended after I updated my credit card information. Data works fine. But everytime when I try to call, the voice message says"You account is currently suspended. Please update your billing information at freedompop.com". After I updated the card, and made purchase successfully, I still can't make calls, and I get an "account suspended message" when trying to make a call. (my phone number is ending with 9901.

Why is it still suspended???

Good day, let us see how we can help you get past the error.
    Can you please confirm the last digits of the line in question? We found two different ones under the email address you use for this forum.
    The last digits of the line in the question? They are the last four digits of my cell phone number 9901.
    Hi AlejandraG,

My discover card actually worked well. And the latest successful transaction was made in Jan.2019. After my card expired I tried to updated the card information by a new Discover card. But multiple attempts all failed. Now I updated the billing information by my Paypal account. Although it says that the account was successfully updated, please check and see if it really is working now. Do I still need to uninstall and install the whole app? Thank you for your patience and help!
    "Power cycle"? You mean restart the device? Is the FP messaging app the one that named "My FreedomPop" that has a log of "FP" in Apple App Store?

As for now, I uninstalled the app "FreedomPop: Calling & Texting", reinstalled the app, re-log in......then still asking me to "update your billing information at freedompop.com".

Do you think I should wait a few days to reinstall the app until after this latest billing cycle?

Getting more confused......thank you for any help.
    edited March 14 #8
    I've just tried all your steps, logged in, then made a call. The computer voice is still saying that my account is suspended........

I uninstalled the app. Then started to follow all your steps again.......still not working. Same female voice saying my account is suspended.

Do you have any other method(s)?
    I've run the billing information update again and successfully linked the freedompop to my Paypal account. The system was showing a result as "Success, Your payment type has been updated to PayPal". Please double-check if everything is okay now. Thanks! P.S. right now, I still can not make any phone calls through Freedompop app.
    Hi AlejandraG, I turned my cell phone off and on again. Re-logged in and tried to dial a number. Same voice still says "You account is currently suspended. Please update your billing information at Freedompop.com".

Any other idea? Can you activate another SIM card and mail it to me? I will just dump this one. THX!
    I am using the FP messaging app. Absolutely not the device's native dialer. I've been a freedompop customer for several years. PLEASE HELP ME.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    rangerzen said:

I am using the FP messaging app. Absolutely not the device's native dialer. I've been a freedompop customer for several years. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi,

Our team will gladly help you further. Please confirm the device's MEID/IMEI/ICCID numbers so we can take a closer look at it.
    Hi my ICCID: 89011704278110556950
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    rangerzen said:

Hi my ICCID: 89011704278110556950

Hi, rangerzen! We are sorry you are still experiencing problems. We noticed on previous messages you mentioned you have been using the messaging app. However, upon checking your account we confirmed the FreedomPop: Calling & Texting Application (iOS) is the one installed. Can you please confirm if you are now using an iOS device?
    Yes, I am using an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini. So I am using an iOS device.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    rangerzen said:

Yes, I am using an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini. So I am using an iOS device.

Hi, After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/Iphone lte.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> General >> Cellular >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming'

Let us know if these steps help so we can continue assisting you.