**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone Swap

curt_70_usernamecurt_70_username Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 that I use through FreedomPop. It broke and I now have a Moto G Play that I would like to switch to. Same number. Same account. Just a new phone. Can I take the SIM out of my old phone and switch it somehow?

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,148 admin

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 that I use through FreedomPop. It broke and I now have a Moto G Play that I would like to switch to. Same number. Same account. Just a new phone. Can I take the SIM out of my old phone and switch it somehow?

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm both device's MEID (MAC or DEC) numbers as well as the ICCID numbers printed on their SIM cards so we can take a closer look at them.
  • curt_70_usernamecurt_70_username Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Moto G4 Play (new phone) MEID: 35414007389829
    Samsung (broken phone that my account is currently connected to) HEX: 351 723 081 005 38

Moto G4 Play ICCID: 89011201004100395557 (it is a Sprint Republic Wireless SIM if that makes any difference.)

Samsung: 89011201002131381844 (I received this SIM from FreedomPop)

Thank you for your help!
  • Wolffman007Wolffman007 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Dropped, broken, but active FreedomPop phone: ZTE Force N9100 - HEX 990 001 420 606 84.
    Newer purchased phone to replace the broken one: Sprint Galaxy SIII - HEX 990 001 159 456 69

I would like to replace the broken phone with the newer one on the same account with the same phone #.

Thank you for your help.

Moto G4 Play (new phone) MEID: 35414007389829
    Samsung (broken phone that my account is currently connected to) HEX: 351 723 081 005 38

Moto G4 Play ICCID: 89011201004100395557 (it is a Sprint Republic Wireless SIM if that makes any difference.)

Samsung: 89011201002131381844 (I received this SIM from FreedomPop)

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

After checking the new Moto G4 Play with MEID 35414007389829, we were unable to find it in our system. Have you activated this device through our BYOD page?

Dropped, broken, but active FreedomPop phone: ZTE Force N9100 - HEX 990 001 420 606 84.
    Newer purchased phone to replace the broken one: Sprint Galaxy SIII - HEX 990 001 159 456 69

I would like to replace the broken phone with the newer one on the same account with the same phone #.

Thank you for your help.

The device has been successfully swapped. Please turn the Sprint Galaxy SIII off and back on and let us know if it works properly.
    I have not completed the BYOD process. I started it, and it let me go through with everything to the point where I stopped before paying the activation fee because I want to make sure the G4 Play is compatible with FreedomPop. I have not seen it on any of the lists I have read. I am assuming it will work since it let me get that far, but I will confirm with you. Will FreedomPop allow me to use the G4 Play? I would hate to pay the fee and it not be a compatible phone! :wink: If so, I will complete that process.

I have not completed the BYOD process. I started it, and it let me go through with everything to the point where I stopped before paying the activation fee because I want to make sure the G4 Play is compatible with FreedomPop. I have not seen it on any of the lists I have read. I am assuming it will work since it let me get that far, but I will confirm with you. Will FreedomPop allow me to use the G4 Play? I would hate to pay the fee and it not be a compatible phone! :wink: If so, I will complete that process.

The G4 Play is a compatible device, although there may be a few things that can prevent it from being activated, like the device being blocked by its previous carrier, credit card issues, etc.

Our advice is to give it a try since the activation should go through smoothly and let us know once it's done so we can help you with the device swap.
    I have activated the new phone :smile:

I have activated the new phone :smile:

We have successfully swapped the devices between the accounts requested. Please turn the new device off and back on and let us know if it works properly.