My freedompop phone has no number. "error locating account" and etc.

Seong KimSeong Kim Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
I have a very strange problem and this is urgent.
I have Samsung Note 4 phone under your account.
I had a phone number of 949-326-7712 but due to inacivvity, phone number was discontinued. I have successfully restored the same phone number but in the process, I was given another number of 949-652-6538. Since this was a new number I did not activated it. The phone worked well under 949-326-7712 for a short time and stopped working with message of "Error locating account". I tried to login as instructed but could not login under the phone number of 949-326-7712. In the mean time, I have another phone of Samsung Galaxy Luna J3 Pro. Somehow this phone picked up Freedompop logo and I get the same message of "Error locating account" by Freedompop. I have not done anything at all to this Galaxy Luna except exchanging a few calls between the Galaxy Note 4 (above). Now, I can not use both phones at all due to the "error message" and they won't work.
Please help me as soon as you can. At least, I have to free my Samsung Gakaxy Luna Pro. Very very strange !!
Seong Kim, [email protected]

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    Seong Kim said:

I have a very strange problem and this is urgent.
    I have Samsung Note 4 phone under your account.
    I had a phone number of 949-326-7712 but due to inacivvity, phone number was discontinued. I have successfully restored the same phone number but in the process, I was given another number of 949-652-6538. Since this was a new number I did not activated it. The phone worked well under 949-326-7712 for a short time and stopped working with message of "Error locating account". I tried to login as instructed but could not login under the phone number of 949-326-7712. In the mean time, I have another phone of Samsung Galaxy Luna J3 Pro. Somehow this phone picked up Freedompop logo and I get the same message of "Error locating account" by Freedompop. I have not done anything at all to this Galaxy Luna except exchanging a few calls between the Galaxy Note 4 (above). Now, I can not use both phones at all due to the "error message" and they won't work.
    Please help me as soon as you can. At least, I have to free my Samsung Gakaxy Luna Pro. Very very strange !!
    Seong Kim, [email protected]

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. After reviewing your account, we were able to verify that both devices appear to be active and should be working properly. The first device has ICCID 89011704278132338171 and phone number 7712 assigned to it and the second has ICCID 89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538.

We have reset and updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download the best version here.

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
  • Seong KimSeong Kim Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I just sent you a comment.
    Since that, my Galaxy Luna failed to receive phone calls. The messgae says "303-601-7292 is not available". It was available and worked well before I wrote the comment.
    May be you are working on it. Just let you know.
    Steven
    Seong Kim said:

Since that, my Galaxy Luna failed to receive phone calls. The messgae says "303-601-7292 is not available". It was available and worked well before I wrote the comment.
    May be you are working on it. Just let you know.
    Steven

Hi,

What email address is this device associated with? Also, what are this device's ICCID numbers?
    Since that, my Galaxy Luna failed to receive phone calls. The message says "303-601-7292 is not available". It was available and worked well before I wrote the comment.
    Maybe you are working on it. Just let you know.
    Steven
    --------------------------------------------------
    I sent a followup comment on your reply but I don't see it here.
    I am sending it again and this may be a duplicqate.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    1. First of all, now, I see what happened.
    2. I did not asked you to change the phone of "Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. After reviewing your account, we were able to verify that both devices appear to be active and should be working properly. The first device has ICCID 89011704278132338171 and phone number 7712 assigned to it and the second has ICCID 89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538.

We have reset and updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further."

----------------------Reply to the above-----------------------------
    Hi, Carlos G
    Thank you very much for your attention. I really appreciate it.
    Now it seems to me what happened. But I can not do very much about it.

1. Now I had a problem of my primary phone of Galaxy Luna, the one you mentioned as the second phone under with "89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538". My Galaxy Luna actually does not have 89011704278132329725.
    This phone is under the account of Tracfone. Yesterday, I found out that Freedompop had taken over the phone and I could not make phone calls. Whenever I dialed the phone, the blue Freedompop screen appears and said with an error message of "not finding account number".

I called Tracfone and the tech service notified me that I am no longer under their service !! Since I had a subscription with them for a long time, they were able to search and find my account.
    Then, they restored and reactivated my Tracfone account (Galaxy Luna) under the it's original ICCID number. I don't know how you got the ""89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538" My phone is under different MEID.
    Tracfone told me that they can not do anything about the blue screen of Freedompop because they are not the same company.

Anyway, they reactivated my Galaxy Luna and I was able to get phone calls from other phones very well.
    However, I still can not make calls from this phone due to Freedompop screen appears and get stuck without any further progress. My Galaxy Luna is basically stuck under this Freedompop screen. This phone has never been under Freedompop.

I still get phone calls to this phone from another party OK.
    Could you tell me how I can get rid of Freedompop screen which interferes my phone call out?

2. I still have the problem under my Galaxy Note 4 (89011704278132338171 under 7712). Still gives me the error message of "not finding account number"
    But let us take care of my Galaxy Luna first and then my Galzy Note 4 under your account. I will appreciate your help very much.
    Thank you.

Seongsoo Steven Kim
    [email protected], 949-825-9100
    =======================================================================

Your question (by Carlos G.)

Hi,

What email address is this device associated with? Also, what are this device's ICCID numbers?

My reply:

The E-mail: [email protected]
    My phone under Tracfone account: Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (303-601-7292)

DEC: 089911936901545509
    IMEI: 359779091795258 or (359779091795258 after reactivation)
    ICCID: 89148000004351075141
    I am not veryfamiliar with replying your questions.
    I hope you get my answer from here.
    Thank you.

As of now, I reactivated the Tracfone account and I can receive calls.
    But when I make out-going call. Freedompop screen (blue) comes up and stop the phone call.
    So, I can not make out-going calls at all.
    Please help me to get rid of Freedompop screen.
    This phone is under Tracfone, not under Freedompop.
    I don't know how it happened.
    Please release this phone from the Freedompop account !!

Thank you.

Steven Kim
    [email protected] or [email protected]
    949-825-9100
    Seong Kim said:

Since that, my Galaxy Luna failed to receive phone calls. The message says "303-601-7292 is not available". It was available and worked well before I wrote the comment.
    Maybe you are working on it. Just let you know.
    Steven
    --------------------------------------------------
    I sent a followup comment on your reply but I don't see it here.
    I am sending it again and this may be a duplicqate.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    1. First of all, now, I see what happened.
    2. I did not asked you to change the phone of "Hello,

4) Set APN

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further."

----------------------Reply to the above-----------------------------
    Hi, Carlos G
    Thank you very much for your attention. I really appreciate it.
    Now it seems to me what happened. But I can not do very much about it.

1. Now I had a problem of my primary phone of Galaxy Luna, the one you mentioned as the second phone under with "89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538". My Galaxy Luna actually does not have 89011704278132329725.
    This phone is under the account of Tracfone. Yesterday, I found out that Freedompop had taken over the phone and I could not make phone calls. Whenever I dialed the phone, the blue Freedompop screen appears and said with an error message of "not finding account number".

I called Tracfone and the tech service notified me that I am no longer under their service !! Since I had a subscription with them for a long time, they were able to search and find my account.
    Then, they restored and reactivated my Tracfone account (Galaxy Luna) under the it's original ICCID number. I don't know how you got the ""89011704278132329725 with phone number 6538" My phone is under different MEID.
    Tracfone told me that they can not do anything about the blue screen of Freedompop because they are not the same company.

Anyway, they reactivated my Galaxy Luna and I was able to get phone calls from other phones very well.
    However, I still can not make calls from this phone due to Freedompop screen appears and get stuck without any further progress. My Galaxy Luna is basically stuck under this Freedompop screen. This phone has never been under Freedompop.

I still get phone calls to this phone from another party OK.
    Could you tell me how I can get rid of Freedompop screen which interferes my phone call out?

2. I still have the problem under my Galaxy Note 4 (89011704278132338171 under 7712). Still gives me the error message of "not finding account number"
    But let us take care of my Galaxy Luna first and then my Galzy Note 4 under your account. I will appreciate your help very much.
    Thank you.

Seongsoo Steven Kim
    [email protected], 949-825-9100
    =======================================================================

Your question (by Carlos G.)

Hi,

My reply:

The E-mail: [email protected]
    My phone under Tracfone account: Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (303-601-7292)

I am not veryfamiliar with replying your questions.
    I hope you get my answer from here.
    Thank you.

As of now, I reactivated the Tracfone account and I can receive calls.
    But when I make out-going call. Freedompop screen (blue) comes up and stop the phone call.
    So, I can not make out-going calls at all.
    Please help me to get rid of Freedompop screen.
    This phone is under Tracfone, not under Freedompop.
    I don't know how it happened.
    Please release this phone from the Freedompop account !!

Thank you.

Steven Kim
    [email protected] or [email protected]
    949-825-9100

Your device does not appear to be Active with FreedomPop nor is there information regarding your device in our system. The only thing we can advise you is to reset your device by removing FreedomPop's app if you still have it installed and to perform a Factory Reset on the device so as to completely remove any past settings it may still have.
    Your (Carlos G.) comment:
    Your device does not appear to be Active with FreedomPop nor is there information regarding your device in our system. The only thing we can advise you is to reset your device by removing FreedomPop's app if you still have it installed and to perform a Factory Reset on the device so as to completely remove any past settings it may still have.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Carlos;
    Thank you very much for your patience. I am really sorry
    1. From the setting menu, I went to Application Manage where all the applications in my phone are listed.
    I don't see anything that resembles "Freedompop". Obviously, Freedonpop application has not been installed. Also, it's impossible for me to install Freedompop application knowing that I am under Tracfone service. However, whenever I try to dial out-going call (such as my home number), blue Freedompop screen show up and says "Error locating account". In this error message, it gives me three choices of "Emergency message, cancel. Manual Login". I tried Manual Login but It does not receive the phone number or my e-mail. I can not log in.
    Why the blue freedompop screen? where is it coming from? How do I find out and remove?
    At least, I do get incoming calls and incoming messages to my phone under 303-601-7292 very well.
    But it's impossible to make out-going calls from my phone because of the freedom pop screen.
    2. Please forgive me on my ignorance.
    How do I do the "Factory reset". Will it reset the "tracfone setting and application" as well?
    In that case, maybe, I can call tracfone and re-activate it. Please tell me how I do "factory reset>
    Is it pushing a needle into a small hole at the bottom of the Galaxy Luna Pro?

Thank you in advance.

Steven Kim 949-825-9100, 303-601-7292, [email protected]
    Seong Kim said:

Your (Carlos G.) comment:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Carlos;
    Thank you very much for your patience. I am really sorry
    1. From the setting menu, I went to Application Manage where all the applications in my phone are listed.
    I don't see anything that resembles "Freedompop". Obviously, Freedonpop application has not been installed. Also, it's impossible for me to install Freedompop application knowing that I am under Tracfone service. However, whenever I try to dial out-going call (such as my home number), blue Freedompop screen show up and says "Error locating account". In this error message, it gives me three choices of "Emergency message, cancel. Manual Login". I tried Manual Login but It does not receive the phone number or my e-mail. I can not log in.
    Why the blue freedompop screen? where is it coming from? How do I find out and remove?
    At least, I do get incoming calls and incoming messages to my phone under 303-601-7292 very well.
    But it's impossible to make out-going calls from my phone because of the freedom pop screen.
    2. Please forgive me on my ignorance.
    How do I do the "Factory reset". Will it reset the "tracfone setting and application" as well?
    In that case, maybe, I can call tracfone and re-activate it. Please tell me how I do "factory reset>
    Is it pushing a needle into a small hole at the bottom of the Galaxy Luna Pro?

Thank you in advance.

Steven Kim 949-825-9100, 303-601-7292, [email protected]

Hi,

Please confirm the Galaxy Luna Pro's MEID (MAC or DEC) numbers so we can take a closer look at it and send the SIM card's ICCID numbers if there is one in the phone.

At your request, here are the numbers.

Galaxy Luna Pro

Current phone number under "Tracfone": 303-601-7292
    This phone in under active subscription under Tracfone now.

It has a sim card given by Tracfone under active account.
    The card shows two numbers in two rows

I have no problem in receiving calls but am not able to make out-going calls due to "Freedompop" screen's taking over the outgoing calls.

Thank you.

Steven
    Seong Kim said:

Galaxy Luna Pro

I have no problem in receiving calls but am not able to make out-going calls due to "Freedompop" screen's taking over the outgoing calls.

Thank you.

Steven

Hi,

After escalating your case, I have been advised that the best way to proceed is to perform a Factory Reset on your device which will help to erase everything from the phone including the device's settings. Once that's done, you'll be able to reset and reconfigure your device and the FreedomPop error should disappear after this.

Galaxy Luna Pro

Thank you.

Steven
    CarlosG said:

Seong Kim said:

Galaxy Luna Pro

Thank you.

Steven

Hi,

After escalating your case, I have been advised that the best way to proceed is to perform a Factory Reset on your device which will help to erase everything from the phone including the device's settings. Once that's done, you'll be able to reset and reconfigure your device and the FreedomPop error should disappear after this.
    Hi, Carlos;

Thank you.
    I will do as you said.
    I have to study how to restore my old data and setup after the factory reset first.

Steven
    Seong Kim said:

Galaxy Luna Pro

Thank you.

Steven

CarlosG said:

Seong Kim said:

Galaxy Luna Pro

Thank you.

Steven

Hi,

Hi, Carlos;

Thank you.
    I will do as you said.
    I have to study how to restore my old data and setup after the factory reset first.

Steven
    Let me know if the Factory Reset helps once it's been done and I'll gladly help you further.