Latest Messaging app update issues

ccaltagiccaltagi Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I am writing to report several issues with the latest messaging app update (combining texts and voicemail).
Please note that I re-updated it after receiving the initial email reporting issues. I have the latest version. I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Here are the issues that I am having:
- Each time I launch the app, it registers for push notification, and tries to locate the user (not just when I turn the phone on). This takes some time and is really annoying.
- I have global calling and cannot place international calls anymore. I now always get a message saying there was an error placing the call, when it was working just fine before the update.
- I have a Jabra Bluetooth speaker in my car. Since the update, the app send the call ended command when I try to place a phone call and I can't use Bluetooth anymore.

That update pretty much renders my phone useless. Can you please address these issues?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christophe

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    ccaltagi said:

Hello,

I am writing to report several issues with the latest messaging app update (combining texts and voicemail).
    Please note that I re-updated it after receiving the initial email reporting issues. I have the latest version. I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Here are the issues that I am having:
    - Each time I launch the app, it registers for push notification, and tries to locate the user (not just when I turn the phone on). This takes some time and is really annoying.
    - I have global calling and cannot place international calls anymore. I now always get a message saying there was an error placing the call, when it was working just fine before the update.
    - I have a Jabra Bluetooth speaker in my car. Since the update, the app send the call ended command when I try to place a phone call and I can't use Bluetooth anymore.

That update pretty much renders my phone useless. Can you please address these issues?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christophe

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

You will need to download our previous app version. Please, go ahead and remove our current app from your phone.

Then, try to download the file on your phone from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/15EPQJvVlqo2itns9dR9cHF1jSARk7QU_/view making sure the link is open from your phone (because it is an APK file made from Android devices only).

Once you have download it, please login into the app with your phone number and let us know if that works.

I will kindly wait for your response.
  • ccaltagiccaltagi Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    After installing the old app. Self Service Activation does not work. (SCRTN). I am getting error -20.
    Neither text nor phone work. Could you please fix my account. My phone has been useless since the app update.
    ccaltagi said:

After installing the old app. Self Service Activation does not work. (SCRTN). I am getting error -20.
    Neither text nor phone work. Could you please fix my account. My phone has been useless since the app update.

Hi!

We apologize for the inconveniences the FreedomPop app is giving you.

We received another update, you will need to download our new app version. Please, go ahead and remove our current app from your phone.

The new FreedomPop app version is now on Playstore, it was updated on March 12th, 24.00.1398.0308 requires Android 4.3 and up.

Once you download it, please login into the app with your phone number and let us know if that works.

I will kindly wait for your response.
    Hello,

Thanks for your answer. After installing the old app, the Hands Free Activation is not working.
    I am getting error -20.
    Neither texting nor phone calls work. Could you please fix my account?

Thanks.
    I cannot update the PRL. Also, after installing the old app, the phone updated it to the new one again. Please help. I can't use my phone!
    ccaltagi said:

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. After installing the old app, the Hands Free Activation is not working.
    I am getting error -20.
    Neither texting nor phone calls work. Could you please fix my account?

Thanks.

ccaltagi said:

I cannot update the PRL. Also, after installing the old app, the phone updated it to the new one again. Please help. I can't use my phone!

Please follow the below steps:

In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL).

If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

1. Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3. Enter # # 72786 #
    4. If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    5. Confirm the reset.
    6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.

Please power cycle your phone. Once your device is back on, refresh the FreedomPop Messaging app by following the instructions provided here:

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/kw/sync

Should the same problem persist, then we would suggest you to try uninstalling the FreedomPop Messaging app. Please be advised that by uninstalling the app the text messages saved might get lost.

Once the app has been reinstalled, make sure you refresh it by following the steps above.
    Thanks. Doing the soft reset not on WIFI worked, but I still have the same issues with the new app:
    - It keeps locating the user each time I launch it, or try to place a phone call. It takes quite a bit longer for the phone to switch to the Freedompop phone app to start a call, and have weird effects with Bluetooth: My Bluetooth speaker tells me the call is disconnected before the call even starts!
    - Also, I am still getting errors placing International phone calls.

Could you revert to the old app. It was working fine. The convenience of having messaging and voice in the same app is not worth all the problems that this is causing.

Thanks.
    ccaltagi said:

Thanks. Doing the soft reset not on WIFI worked, but I still have the same issues with the new app:
    - It keeps locating the user each time I launch it, or try to place a phone call. It takes quite a bit longer for the phone to switch to the Freedompop phone app to start a call, and have weird effects with Bluetooth: My Bluetooth speaker tells me the call is disconnected before the call even starts!
    - Also, I am still getting errors placing International phone calls.

Could you revert to the old app. It was working fine. The convenience of having messaging and voice in the same app is not worth all the problems that this is causing.

Thanks.

Please let us know what Android version do you currently have an so you have a dual sim device by any chance.
  • PrudentCustomerPrudentCustomer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Version #24.00.1398.0308 has been working fine with my new installation on a new phone Moto G7, with both my imported # and a Google number
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • teal4 twoteal4 two Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
    Texting usually works after a delay but phone calls are unacceptable. Only 1 in 10 local calls go through and i have not been able to make long distance calls - usually no ring and then 'There was an error placing the call' Messaging 24.00.1398.0308 on Samsung S3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SundaranSundaran Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm facing similar issue in my Pixel 2XL
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    Sundaran said:

I'm facing similar issue in my Pixel 2XL

Hi,

Please provide us with the ICCID numbers on your device's SIM card as well as the last four digits of its phone number so we can take a closer look at it.