**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Account got deactivated automatically, without notifying me...how do I reactivate?

davofanmaildavofanmail Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
Have one of your SIMs that I paid for (89011704278168104349) using the free account.
Now when I turn the phone on, it won't register on any networks.
I go to the web site and reactivate the SIM--it says the SIM is activated now. But it says the account is not, and I have "no plan".
I paid for the SIM I have, how do I actually use it?
Also...how long is the non-usage period that causes the account to be deactivated???

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,987 admin

Have one of your SIMs that I paid for (89011704278168104349) using the free account.
    Now when I turn the phone on, it won't register on any networks.
    I go to the web site and reactivate the SIM--it says the SIM is activated now. But it says the account is not, and I have "no plan".
    I paid for the SIM I have, how do I actually use it?
    Also...how long is the non-usage period that causes the account to be deactivated???

Hi,

After reviewing your account today, we verified that it is Active and should be working properly. Are you able to use the services now?
  • davofanmaildavofanmail Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    When I log in to the web site, I am greeted only with the message:
    "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"
    When I go look at the SIM #, it shows as activated.
    But the account is not.
    When I boot up the phone, the SIM can "see" a couple of networks (e.g., ATT 2G) but it cannot register on any of them.
    So, I have to say that I am not able to use the services at all right now.
    I forgot to mention: I used this SIM and made calls on the account last summer.
    I haven't powered on the phone for a few months, but I never received any indication that my account was somehow cancelled.
    My credit card keeps getting hit with 1-cent Freedompop charges, so I thought everything is still OK. But somehow, the account is frozen.

I forgot to mention: I used this SIM and made calls on the account last summer.
    I haven't powered on the phone for a few months, but I never received any indication that my account was somehow cancelled.
    My credit card keeps getting hit with 1-cent Freedompop charges, so I thought everything is still OK. But somehow, the account is frozen.

Your account shows to have become Dormant, which happens when a device is not used for more than 3 months. We have reactivated the device and all you need to do is turn it off and back on to see if it works properly.

Be sure to update the account's billing information to help properly reset the account and get things working correctly.
    Hi Carlos-
    No, nothing is working.
    Power-cycled the device and it can't register on network, even though it sees ATT
    I go to web site, the account still says that I haven't singed up for a plan. Since it doesn't think I've signed up for a plan, it's asking me to pay $15 for a new SIM card that I don't need.
    I go to register my existing SIM again, and now the site says that the SIM # is not valid.

Hi Carlos-
    No, nothing is working.
    Power-cycled the device and it can't register on network, even though it sees ATT
    I go to web site, the account still says that I haven't singed up for a plan. Since it doesn't think I've signed up for a plan, it's asking me to pay $15 for a new SIM card that I don't need.
    I go to register my existing SIM again, and now the site says that the SIM # is not valid.

PLease turn it off and back on and try to use the services and let us know if it works.
    I have power-cycled the device again just now.
    I still see the ATT network, and I still cannot register on it.
    Your web site still indicates I haven't signed up for Freedompop plan.
    Your web site says that the SIM has already been activated (progress!) but I still have no service.
    Note: this is a dual-SIM device, and the other SIM is disabled.
    This configuration worked in the past.

Note: this is a dual-SIM device, and the other SIM is disabled.
    This configuration worked in the past.

Please log out of the app and log back in and restart your device. This should help to refresh your account on the app.
    OK, I logged out of the app on the device, then logged back in.
    Noticed that the email address for the "account" on the phone is not the same one as on the web site...and THAT was the root of my problem, apparently. (I had set up the account on the phone with a different email than what I'd used on the web site...so I confused myself and the system (and probably you)).
    As soon as I logged back in with the app, the system give me a new phone number (no prob), and both the app and the web site agree on it so the SIM seems to be fully functioning. YAY!
    But...it's been 45 minutes and a couple of power-cycles, and I still can't register the device on ATT.
    I don't see any error messages on the web site or the app...when I try to register with ATT via the Android setup menu, it attempts for ~30 seconds and Android says "can't connect to this network right now."

Sorry to be such a pain...
    NOTE: my actual account email was not the same as the email address I used for the community. I have updated the community address so it's now the same...conceivably, this is the root cause of the current level of issue I'm having.

OK, I logged out of the app on the device, then logged back in.
    Noticed that the email address for the "account" on the phone is not the same one as on the web site...and THAT was the root of my problem, apparently. (I had set up the account on the phone with a different email than what I'd used on the web site...so I confused myself and the system (and probably you)).
    As soon as I logged back in with the app, the system give me a new phone number (no prob), and both the app and the web site agree on it so the SIM seems to be fully functioning. YAY!
    But...it's been 45 minutes and a couple of power-cycles, and I still can't register the device on ATT.
    I don't see any error messages on the web site or the app...when I try to register with ATT via the Android setup menu, it attempts for ~30 seconds and Android says "can't connect to this network right now."

Sorry to be such a pain...
    NOTE: my actual account email was not the same as the email address I used for the community. I have updated the community address so it's now the same...conceivably, this is the root cause of the current level of issue I'm having.

Hi,

The device in this account appears to be an LTE SIM card with ICCID ending in 104349. What type of phone are you using this device in? Can you confirm that it is GSM smartphone with an up-to-date operating system?
    OH: something else weird...this one is for the FAQs !

When I turn off your SIM and use my other one, that one is able to see ATT 4G network and several others.
    But with that other SIM off and your SIM on, I am able to see only ATT 2G network which, strangely, was not visible on the other SIM.

I mess around with the "preferred SIM for cellular data" setting in Android and all of a sudden I can see a whole bunch of ATT networks (2G, 3G, 4G). I choose automatic registration and VOILA, it ACTUALLY WORKS.

Problem solved, case closed.

Thank you for your perseverance and help, Carlos.
    I've been a PITA. You've been great!
    This is actually a GSM phablet, but it's still a smartphone running the latest rev of Android that it can (v7, kernel version 3.18.35). I'm 99% sure that this phone was what I was using with your service then.

The SIM # agrees with what you'd indicated--it is a Freedompop-purchased SIM from last summer.

Weird: there's no network showing up (zero signal strength, no carrier showing)...when I go to select the cellular network for your SIM, if I click "select automatically" it immediately comes back with "registered with network"...but it isn't...then if I tell it to register manually it takes 30 seconds and fails.

This is actually a GSM phablet, but it's still a smartphone running the latest rev of Android that it can (v7, kernel version 3.18.35). I'm 99% sure that this phone was what I was using with your service then.

The SIM # agrees with what you'd indicated--it is a Freedompop-purchased SIM from last summer.

Weird: there's no network showing up (zero signal strength, no carrier showing)...when I go to select the cellular network for your SIM, if I click "select automatically" it immediately comes back with "registered with network"...but it isn't...then if I tell it to register manually it takes 30 seconds and fails.

Please send us the SIM 's ICCID numbers one more time so we can be sure we're looking at the right device.