Purchased a 3 month plan, that includes 1GB LTE data, but can only register for the trial 2GB plan?

scho18sscho18s Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I purchased a 3 month plan that includes 1GB LTE data (~$7 per month).
But when I activated it, it only allow me to select the 2GB plan.
Anyone had this issue before and what's the resolution?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    scho18s said:

Hi, I purchased a 3 month plan that includes 1GB LTE data (~$7 per month).
    But when I activated it, it only allow me to select the 2GB plan.
    Anyone had this issue before and what's the resolution?
    Thanks in advance

Hello,

Our team will gladly take a closer look at this. Please confirm if the email address in your account is the same as the one associated with your profile and confirm the last four digits of the device's phone number so we can be sure we have the right device.
  • scho18sscho18s Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Last 4: 5880
    Email is the same one associated with my profile
    scho18s said:

Last 4: 5880
    Email is the same one associated with my profile

Hi,

After checking your account we confirmed that the 1 GB plan is available and you can download at any time if you'd like and we will gladly assist you with the payment adjustments necessary. Let me know if you don't see the 1GB available in your account and we'll escalate it further.
    So do I just change the plan to Premium 1GB? (Seems like there's associated charge to get into that plan of $22.99 for that).
    Wil I have option for the regular 1GB? And will my first 3 months be included?
    scho18s said:

So do I just change the plan to Premium 1GB? (Seems like there's associated charge to get into that plan of $22.99 for that).
    Wil I have option for the regular 1GB? And will my first 3 months be included?

Since your account was set up under a 3-month plan, any plan chosen afterward will be applied for a 3-month time period. The 1GB will start from the moment it is changed and you'll also be charged at that moment.
    Sorry, I'm confused. I already paid for a 3 month 1GB plan. So, if I changed now from 2GB trial to 1GB plan, I will be charged again? That's not right...
    scho18s said:

Sorry, I'm confused. I already paid for a 3 month 1GB plan. So, if I changed now from 2GB trial to 1GB plan, I will be charged again? That's not right...

Yes, a new charge will be made but as I mentioned before, we will ask our support team to help us with the previous charge made for the 2GB plan that had initially been set up that way the fee paid for the initial charged will be returned back to you.
    Sorry, still does not add up. Let me clarify. I purchased the sim card, with 3 months 1GB INCLUDED for $21.54. And after I activated it, I was charged another $10.99, which I assumed it's a credit to my account for any overage data?

So if I were to change my plan to 1GB (From the 2GB trial), I assume I would not have to pay anything, and still have $10.99 credit for overage data in my account? Is that assumption correct?
    scho18s said:

Sorry, still does not add up. Let me clarify. I purchased the sim card, with 3 months 1GB INCLUDED for $21.54. And after I activated it, I was charged another $10.99, which I assumed it's a credit to my account for any overage data?

So if I were to change my plan to 1GB (From the 2GB trial), I assume I would not have to pay anything, and still have $10.99 credit for overage data in my account? Is that assumption correct?

I apologize for the misunderstanding. There shouldn't be a charge for reactivating the device on the plan that it should have originally come in. Which is why I escalated your case yesterday and was advised that the best way to move forward with this is to remove the SIM card from the current account so you can simply activate it in a new one and this should allow you to choose the original 1GB plan you wanted.

Let me know when you're ready to have the SIM deactivated and removed from this account and I'll also provide you with instructions on how to proceed.
    Yes, please remove it so that I can proceed to reactivate and please give me instruction on how to reactivate to the correct plan. Thank you!
    scho18s said:

Yes, please remove it so that I can proceed to reactivate and please give me instruction on how to reactivate to the correct plan. Thank you!

We have deactivated the device from its current account. Please take the device's ICCID numbers 89011704278178338077 and a different email address and activate it there. Let us know if are able to see the right plan the moment after it's done.
    Hi, I was able to activate the new number, with different email: [email protected]
    However, I find out that my number could not make outgoing call or receive incoming call.
    Can someone call me at the different phone number I used to register for the new activation so that I can get this resolved asap? This has been ongoing for a while and I don't really think it's fair to ask me to wait for multiple days back-and-forth to get this issue resolved. Otherwise, please consider just refunding my purchase. It is too much hassle just to get the correct service set up.
    scho18s said:

Hi, I was able to activate the new number, with different email: [email protected]
    However, I find out that my number could not make outgoing call or receive incoming call.
    Can someone call me at the different phone number I used to register for the new activation so that I can get this resolved asap? This has been ongoing for a while and I don't really think it's fair to ask me to wait for multiple days back-and-forth to get this issue resolved. Otherwise, please consider just refunding my purchase. It is too much hassle just to get the correct service set up.

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.