Block Caller

Chelsea LienChelsea Lien Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Is there any way to block a caller? I keep getting a solicitation that is quite annoying. I would love to block the call but don't see a way to do this through FreedomPop's mobile phone service.

Answers

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know the web site, but there a "do not call list" that you can get on. Try using the search engine and put in "do not call list" and see if you can find the web site.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I did the research for you and here the link to have that done.

https://donotcall.gov/
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Teri MondayTeri Monday Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Google the national DO NOT CALL directory and call it, enter your number. You can ask the offending service them to remove your number also, by law they must .
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    The do not call list was a good concept when it was first rolled out. But, due to lack of enforcement on the governments part the only thing the do not call list does is stop the legitimate businesses from calling you. I still get a lot of **** robo calls all the time. These people do not care about the law.

That being said with freedompop I see 2 possibilities for blocking an unwanted caller.
    1) install a good number blocking app from google play store. I have used mr. number in the past and it worked well.
    2) I have read in other forums where they have added an empty ringtone to their list. Add the offending number to contacts then assign the empty ringtone to that number. The person can still call your number but you will not hear the phone ring. If they have multiple numbers to block they will set up a group called spam then assign the empty ringtone to that group. That way all they have to do is just add the number to contacts and assign it to the spam group.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    I just found there is a built in option on the Samsung phone running kitkat for call rejection.
    Steps to Block Calls on Samsung Galaxy Phones

This is the best, easiest and recommended way to block unwanted callers. As you know, there are several Android phones and almost all have different settings, but the method of blocking calls, somehow remains same. Let’s learn how to do it:

First go to your phone Settings tab
    Find the My Device
    Now tap on Call then choose the Call Rejection option.
    Here you’ll find the list of reject calls and you can also add more to the list, You can add up to 100 mobile numbers in order to automatically reject them.
    You can later then delete the added contact numbers from the list also.
  • Matthew ScheirerMatthew Scheirer Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    That built in call blocker does not seem to work. I get spam calls from an 888 number and they still come through even when the number is on the reject list.

It also seems to reset between phone reboots, I figure its not saving it properly.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chelsea Lien
    Try Avast Mobile Security.....It is suppose to have call bock and block sms....
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop