Messaging on XT897 can't be used for ear piece phone calls

proximity sensor turns off sound completely so application is not useful at all without external headset.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0

proximity sensor turns off sound completely so application is not useful at all without external headset.

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please confirm the email address and phone number associated with your device so we can take a closer look at it. Be sure to include the device's MEID (MAC or DEC) numbers so we can better identify it.
  • freedomybkfreedomybk Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    My email address is listed in my profile and you, admins, must have all access to it, aren't you?
    I don't understand, do you want me to publish all my details here?

My email address is listed in my profile and you, admins, must have all access to it, aren't you?
    I don't understand, do you want me to publish all my details here?

We do, however, we need to make sure the information on your device matches the information on the account in order to determine any issues it may be having. An MEID can be placed here as this won't place your device in any type of danger.
    MEID 9900XXXXXX5384

MEID 9900XXXXXX5384

Hi,

After analyzing your case, our support team has advised that the best way to start troubleshooting the device is by performing a Factory Reset on the device so that it's entire system can be reset and reconfigured again. This will allow you to install all apps as brand new and it should help resolve the sensor problem you're having.

Let us know if you need the steps to do the reset by sending us the name of your device in your next message.
    reset device does not help.
    home come all other voice telephone related applications, I have many installed on the same device, have no problems working with proximity sensor? linphone is open source and developers can just compare proximity sensor code with linphone one. otherwise I may have to request a refund for activating a phone that FP dialer refuses to support properly.
    sending us the name of your device - I apologize but I really start questioning competency of so called "admins" who respond on messages.
    The name of my device is listed in title of this thread!!!
    let's see if this message gets approved.....

sending us the name of your device - I apologize but I really start questioning competency of so called "admins" who respond on messages.
    The name of my device is listed in title of this thread!!!
    let's see if this message gets approved.....

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done by us since the device was not purchased through FreedomPop and we don't have specific troubleshooting for a Motorola XT897 sensory issues assocaited with our app. The best option would be to take the device to the nearest tech shop and have them take a closer look at the device in order to find out what the problem is.
    could you read carefully what I write here? not only you missed the title with the model number but you also missed my comment that ALL other VoIP applications I tried, including open source ones, work fine. there is nothing wrong with the phone. if FP developers can't make proximity sensor work by looking at other open source applications code then I request either a $20 refund or a free swap to a known supported phone, for example a spare sprint iPhone I have in my possession.

could you read carefully what I write here? not only you missed the title with the model number but you also missed my comment that ALL other VoIP applications I tried, including open source ones, work fine. there is nothing wrong with the phone. if FP developers can't make proximity sensor work by looking at other open source applications code then I request either a $20 refund or a free swap to a known supported phone, for example a spare sprint iPhone I have in my possession.

We understand. This is an isolated issue which we are trying to get information on however there isn't much that we can do while we wait for a report from our support team. If you wish to activate the iPhone you own, a charge will be made, however, the moment it's done, we'll process a refund for the charge. Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll gladly help.

Amazon Fire Phone - echo cancellation is not working.

a previous thread is closed with no answer and no explanation.

Hi,

Can you elaborate further regarding this issue so we can assist you further?
    Why are you mixing two very distinct problems in one thread???
    please reopen https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/22694/
    BTW, my previous response regarding XT897 here was not approved. why?
    any updates?

Why are you mixing two very distinct problems in one thread???
    please reopen https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/22694/
    BTW, my previous response regarding XT897 here was not approved. why?

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response. Please send the message again so we can continue assisting you with this issue.
    since xt897 and other 4.1 have been officially silently dropped from support and current version is not usable at all I started new request on phone swap thread.
    I also see that my message on swap topic has not yet been approved.

I also see that my message on swap topic has not yet been approved.

Please provide us with both device's MEID (DEC or MAC) numbers so we can take a closer look at it.
    xt897 number is here above and on my account. regarding a replacement please provide me private communication channel - I don't feel comfortable publishing my device serial numbers here in the open.

xt897 number is here above and on my account. regarding a replacement please provide me private communication channel - I don't feel comfortable publishing my device serial numbers here in the open.

We will be opening a private message in order to better assist you with your request to swap devices.
This discussion has been closed.