VM being received hours later

Khalad GoheerKhalad Goheer Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
Where I've had VM app in the past and VM left was received within few minutes, my new experience since VM has been incorporated within the FP Messaging app, it takes >6 hours. Also there is no writeup of what options to check in Audio and Network within the settings.
Could someone guide me?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

Where I've had VM app in the past and VM left was received within few minutes, my new experience since VM has been incorporated within the FP Messaging app, it takes >6 hours. Also there is no writeup of what options to check in Audio and Network within the settings.
    Could someone guide me?

Hi Khalad Goheer. Thank you for reaching out to us. While no problem has been detected on your account regarding this feature, we have gone ahead and refreshed all the account entitlements.

We would like to share the updated self-help article for our voicemail feature https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2116/.
  • Khalad GoheerKhalad Goheer Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    my MEID # 35556909078794

my MEID # 35556909078794

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have used the number provided. However, this device doesn't seem to be activated with us.
    If so, how come cellphone has been functional? Could my having ordered and received the SIM directly from FP have anything to do with it not be activated with you. Can you do it now?
    Where I asked for instructions on "Audio & Network" options in Settings of Messaging app, you said "We would like to share the updated self-help article for our voicemail feature" and linked to a website that does not point to instructions of changes I could select for "Audio & Network"
    Hi JossieG
    Could you kindly check IMEI# 355569090787941, as an alternate if activated with you?
    Hello JossieG
    In my attempt to provide you details of my cellphone so you could verify why my SIM-card bought from FreedomPop did not get activated, may I provide you the ICCID?
    It is# 89011704278236073773.........during the setup Juan helped me both with this new phone as well as disconnect my old Galaxy S4.
    Please either activate this ICCID or guide me how to do it.
    Thanks

Hello JossieG
    In my attempt to provide you details of my cellphone so you could verify why my SIM-card bought from FreedomPop did not get activated, may I provide you the ICCID?
    It is# 89011704278236073773.........during the setup Juan helped me both with this new phone as well as disconnect my old Galaxy S4.
    Please either activate this ICCID or guide me how to do it.
    Thanks

Thank you for getting back to us and provide us with the ICCID number of your FreedomPop SIM card. Please be advised we do not have access to the MEID/IMEI number of the device using our LTE SIM card.

Upon account review; we have seen that you have been assisted by an agent via email yesterday and the issue is being addressed today. Multiple agents cannot assist over the same issue. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please refer to Incident #190319-000933.
    Hi JossieG, You've still not addressed your earlier take that using my MEID# you found out that my phone had not been activated. This is why I sent you the ICCID. What else can I do to get the phone activated?

Hi JossieG, You've still not addressed your earlier take that using my MEID# you found out that my phone had not been activated. This is why I sent you the ICCID. What else can I do to get the phone activated?

Please keep in mind our LTE SIM card will work on an unlocked GSM phone. Our app that allows to make calls and send text messages works on devices running Android 4.3+ or iOS 8.2+. In order to use our service, you will need a smartphone that meets the requirements.

Unfortunately, the MEID number provided shows this is a CDMA device which does not support out LTE SIM card.
    I chatted with Motorola and with the IMEI, this is what they sent:
    Carrier Aggregation, 4G LTE (DL Cat 7/ UL Cat 6), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8 CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10, 3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8, 4G: FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/66, TDD LTE band 38/40/41

This tells me it is a dual phone that could cater to either CDMA SIM or GSM SIM. Since I bought a SIM directly from FP, it's got to be GSM.
    The phone presently IS working receiving outside calls and is able to make calls. Since I'm registered with Visual Voicemail, I AM receiving voice-messages, but are NOT getting translated and take >6 hrs to get to me.
    I also have a Google voice phone# which rings on this phone and where a VM left, is translated within ONE minute of having left the message.
    I don't expect you tobe like Google, but can you not use THAT SAME technology and justify why we pay you for this Visual Voicemail service?
    If you are a newbie at this please seek more experienced help to assist my problem, before I decide to terminate this

I chatted with Motorola and with the IMEI, this is what they sent:
    Carrier Aggregation, 4G LTE (DL Cat 7/ UL Cat 6), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8 CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10, 3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8, 4G: FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/66, TDD LTE band 38/40/41

This tells me it is a dual phone that could cater to either CDMA SIM or GSM SIM. Since I bought a SIM directly from FP, it's got to be GSM.
    The phone presently IS working receiving outside calls and is able to make calls. Since I'm registered with Visual Voicemail, I AM receiving voice-messages, but are NOT getting translated and take >6 hrs to get to me.
    I also have a Google voice phone# which rings on this phone and where a VM left, is translated within ONE minute of having left the message.
    I don't expect you tobe like Google, but can you not use THAT SAME technology and justify why we pay you for this Visual Voicemail service?
    If you are a newbie at this please seek more experienced help to assist my problem, before I decide to terminate this

Thank you. We have documented what you have indicated for further review of the corresponding team. However, the GSM settings you are sharing with us show confirm the device is using different frequency bands. This happens when the device is not a GSM only smartphone. We are unable to guarantee the service when the smartphone runs on Edge 2G (GSM / EDGE 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8) and not the 4G LTE we run our services on.

Please be advised we have closed the Incident # 190319-000933 as multiple agents cannot assist over the same issue.