**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

12-month plan & GSM SIM kit activation problems

Patricia Saunders-CummingsPatricia Saunders-Cummings Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
edited April 3 in Getting Started #1
I am trying to start using my LTE SIM kit (using with an unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5).

I purchased said SIM kit from shop.freedompop.com on 03/20/2019. (Image 1) Image 1

I placed the SIM into the device, powered on the device, connected to my home WiFi, added the APN (fp.com.attz), and installed "FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM" (v. 24.00.1398.0308). The app loads and then gets an error "Opps, there was an error trying to communicate with the server. Please try again later." Selecting OK returns to the loading screen (in the notification panel the sync icon continues to spin for "Messaging, FreedomPop Setup, Locating user for device". (see image 2) Image 2

Based on the support guides, I attempted to check the activation status via freedompop.com/activate. Inputting the IMEI gives an error (image 3) stating "Please enter a valid MAC ID/MEID/ESN. If you are bringing a non-FreedomPop device, click here." Image 3

It has not gotten me to the step for selecting a phone number for this device.

I know the issue is not the WiFi, as I just was able to complete an activation (i.e. connect it to another account (different email address), select a phone number, and make a call) on another line entirely using the same WiFi network.

I need this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Edit: Correcting images and a clarification.

Post edited by Patricia Saunders-Cummings on

Answers

• Patricia Saunders-CummingsPatricia Saunders-Cummings Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I need a response to this issue.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,131 admin

I need a response to this issue.

Hi Patricia,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. After reviewing your account I was able to activate the device by simply associating the SIM card to the account however the account was activated with the Free plan. Is this the plan you wanted or were you wanting to go with the plan the device was supposed to come with?
  • Patricia Saunders-CummingsPatricia Saunders-Cummings Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I want what I already paid in full for: the 12 mth unlimited talk and text with 5gb data per month on this SIM as shown in the first image.

This is a new separate line, should be a separate (new) number and plan from the other two existing phone numbers on the account.
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    Hey there!

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and confusion. Unfortunately, the SIM card was not activated with the correct plan. Therefore, you will need to cancel the current account associated with the SIM card and reactivate the SIM card at www.freedompop.com/activate. We made the change to the SIM on our end so once you activate you will be given the correct plan you paid for.

Once again, I do apologize for the inconveniences.
    The system will not cancel the service. I have tried three different browsers all in private/incognito/InPrivate mode on a ethernet cable connected desktop PC. See screen shots below. Please advise.

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,131 admin

The system will not cancel the service. I have tried three different browsers all in private/incognito/InPrivate mode on a ethernet cable connected desktop PC. See screen shots below. Please advise.

Hi, we have successfully canceled the account. You can now go to www.freedompop.com/activate and place a different email address along with the same ICCID numbers in order to activate the device. Let us know if you need help in doing so and we'll gladly help.
  • hangshihangshi Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    edited April 23 #8
    :)
    Post edited by hangshi on
This discussion has been closed.