**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to I switch phones and transfer the phone number?

abbh0103abbh0103 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
The iphone linked to my account no longer works. I purchased a Samsung S7 (model #SM-G930P) that was previously used on a Sprint network.

I believe that it is unlocked as it does not have a SIM card, but when
I check the phone there is a username that looks like an email address going to @hcm.sprintpcs.com.

Can this phone be relocked by Sprint to use as a BYOD or do I need to use a FreedomPop SIM card?

In either case, can I transfer my current FreedomPop phone number from my old phone to this new one?

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    abbh0103 said:

The iphone linked to my account no longer works. I purchased a Samsung S7 (model #SM-G930P) that was previously used on a Sprint network.

I believe that it is unlocked as it does not have a SIM card, but when
    I check the phone there is a username that looks like an email address going to @hcm.sprintpcs.com.

Can this phone be relocked by Sprint to use as a BYOD or do I need to use a FreedomPop SIM card?

In either case, can I transfer my current FreedomPop phone number from my old phone to this new one?

Hi abbh0103! Thanks for reaching out. Since your new Samsung S7 used to run with the Sprint network, it uses CDMA technology. At the moment we are only offering GSM SIM cards that are not compatible with your device. We recommend taking a look at our BYOP program in order to use your new device with your FreedomPop account. For more information, including instructions on how to activate your phone with this program, please here.

Regarding your second question, it'd be necessary to contact Sprint so they can confirm if the phone can be relocked with them. Also since the device is missing it's original SIM card, confirm if one could be provided by them.

If your device meets all criteria to be included in our BYOD program a new account would be created. We will then be able to reassign it to your existing account.
  • abbh0103abbh0103 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the reply. I contacted Sprint and they gave me a SIM card. I installed the SIM card and entered the IMEI and ICCID numbers into the FreedomPop BYOD. I was taken to the final activation page. Does this confirm that the phone can be used as a BYOD device? If so, from what I understand, I need to activate it under a different account and then contact FreedomPop to have it transferred. Please let me know what information you need to transfer. Thanks!
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,792 admin
    abbh0103 said:

Thank you for the reply. I contacted Sprint and they gave me a SIM card. I installed the SIM card and entered the IMEI and ICCID numbers into the FreedomPop BYOD. I was taken to the final activation page. Does this confirm that the phone can be used as a BYOD device? If so, from what I understand, I need to activate it under a different account and then contact FreedomPop to have it transferred. Please let me know what information you need to transfer. Thanks!

Hi,

That's correct, you have a general idea of what to do to activate your device. First, you'll need to go through the BYOD process. Please be aware that you'll need to use a different email address to do this.

Once that's done, let us know so we can swap the new device for the old one and be sure to include both devices' MEID (MAC or DEC) numbers so we can easily identify them.
    Also, I when I am not connected to data and I try to call on mobile data, I just get a busy signal. Can you help me with this as well?
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,792 admin
    abbh0103 said:

Also, I when I am not connected to data and I try to call on mobile data, I just get a busy signal. Can you help me with this as well?

Hi,

Are you having issues with the device whos phone number ends in 0740?
    No, it’s the phone under the new account. I also need to get the accounts merged. Can I send the IMEIs of the phones in a private message or have them edited before my response posts?