**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

The call you are attempting to place is not allowed from this line.

td3737td3737 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
My FreedomPop SIM works fine in a USB mobile broadband modem.

Today I chose a phone number for the SIM for the first time. I put the SIM in an ordinary dumb phone and attempted to make a call. I heard an error message: "The call you are attempting to place is not allowed from this line." I also can not receive texts (my usage stats at my.freedompop.com show a text was received, but it does not make it to the phone.)

I see nothing I can possibly do to fix this myself. Would someone from FreedomPop please advise. Thank you.

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,792 admin
    td3737 said:

My FreedomPop SIM works fine in a USB mobile broadband modem.

Today I chose a phone number for the SIM for the first time. I put the SIM in an ordinary dumb phone and attempted to make a call. I heard an error message: "The call you are attempting to place is not allowed from this line." I also can not receive texts (my usage stats at my.freedompop.com show a text was received, but it does not make it to the phone.)

I see nothing I can possibly do to fix this myself. Would someone from FreedomPop please advise. Thank you.

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Please provide us with the ICCID numbers printed on the SIM card so we can take a closer look at your device and be sure to include the last four digits of the phone number assigned to your account.
  • td3737td3737 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I have no idea if my replies are being posted or otherwise getting to anyone. sigh.
    CarlosG said:

Please provide us with the ICCID numbers printed on the SIM card so we can take a closer look at your device and be sure to include the last four digits of the phone number assigned to your account.

Two numbers on the SIM, one above the other: 8901170427 8168404830

Last four of phone: 7200
    td3737 said:

I have no idea if my replies are being posted or otherwise getting to anyone. sigh.

CarlosG said:

Please provide us with the ICCID numbers printed on the SIM card so we can take a closer look at your device and be sure to include the last four digits of the phone number assigned to your account.

Two numbers on the SIM, one above the other: 8901170427 8168404830

Last four of phone: 7200
    Hi,

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly and the device shows to be properly set up. The only thing missing from the account is confirmation that the FreedomPop Messaging App has been installed in the device as it is necessary for the services to work properly. Please click here to find the steps to do so and once signed in, try to use the services to see if they work.
  • td3737td3737 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    It is a dumb phone. There are no apps on it. I don't want a smart phone. I just want ordinary talk and text.
    td3737 said:

It is a dumb phone. There are no apps on it. I don't want a smart phone. I just want ordinary talk and text.

FreedomPop provides VoIP network services which means that we use data to be able to call text and use the internet. SHould you decide that our services are not for you, please cancel your account by following these steps.