**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Swap phones

shumburgershumburger Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I currently have an older Kyocera phone from Freedompop. I would like to swap the account (number ending in 1838) into an iPhone 5S. It is a Verizon phone but I believe the GSM radio is unlocked. How can I make this switch? Thank you!

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,122 admin

I currently have an older Kyocera phone from Freedompop. I would like to swap the account (number ending in 1838) into an iPhone 5S. It is a Verizon phone but I believe the GSM radio is unlocked. How can I make this switch? Thank you!

Hi, Our team will gladly assist you with this issue. Please provide us with both device MEID, MAC or DEC numbers so we can take a closer look at them.
  • shumburgershumburger Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Carlos,

For the old phone:
    IMEI is: 990.000.513.647.52

For the new phone:
    IMEI is: 35 835506 016757 0

Also, I noticed the old SIM card is too big for the iPhone.
    Thank you!
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 399 admin

Hi Carlos,

For the old phone:
    IMEI is: 990.000.513.647.52

For the new phone:
    IMEI is: 35 835506 016757 0

Also, I noticed the old SIM card is too big for the iPhone.
    Thank you!

Hi, shumburger! Thank you for providing the information. Our records indicate you Kyocera phone with IMEI 990.000.513.647.52 is a CDMA device. FreedomPop CDMA devices connect to the cellular network through Sprint towers so we 'd only be able to replace a CDMA device with another FreedomPop phone or a Sprint eligible device that has been activated through our BYOD program. Unfortunately, it won't be possible to swap the devices since it is a Verizon phone. If your Verizon phone is locked, we recommend contacting Verizon so they can advise you which SIM card is compatible with your new phone.