exceptional error

leshandfriendsleshandfriends Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Same deal as this person who posted below. Please tell me how to fix this. I have paid and tried several times.

-Steve

After initiating the "transfer number" process, I received an email with a link to check the status. When I check the status I reach a page with the message "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect." After clicking the "GO BACK TO STEP ONE" button on that page, I am taken back to the initial Transfer Number page (https://my.freedompop.com/phone-numbers/transfer-number). I've carefully checked the information with AT&T and have entered it several times, but always receive the unhelpful error message "Exceptional Error Unknown error".

I saw a similar thread where the resolution involved entering the payment information, but that didn't help in my case (payment had already been made in any case).

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

Same deal as this person who posted below. Please tell me how to fix this. I have paid and tried several times.

-Steve

After initiating the "transfer number" process, I received an email with a link to check the status. When I check the status I reach a page with the message "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect." After clicking the "GO BACK TO STEP ONE" button on that page, I am taken back to the initial Transfer Number page (https://my.freedompop.com/phone-numbers/transfer-number). I've carefully checked the information with AT&T and have entered it several times, but always receive the unhelpful error message "Exceptional Error Unknown error".

I saw a similar thread where the resolution involved entering the payment information, but that didn't help in my case (payment had already been made in any case).

Hi, leshandfriends. Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.
  • shileyvishileyvi Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I too am getting the exceptional error and the runaround from FreedomPop. As can be seen in these forums this error has been going on for a very long time with no resolution. The only thing that keeps happening is the support person sends emails saying the issue is solved when they have not done a thing. BEWARE, dont fall for the transfer number **** from FP. Clearly they just intend to bill for something they don't intend to deliver on. I would be delighted to be proven wrong about this, so FreedomPop, please prove me wrong and deliver what you have already charged me for!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shileyvi - Do you have a CDMA Sprint phone purchased from FreedomPop OR a BYOD Sprint Phone ? Both kinds of account have been sold to ting.com You can complete and select from 2 specials for FreedomPop users.

"Ting Mobile, you can choose from a couple of exclusive offers: $20 for 20GB for unlimited talk, text and 20GB of LTE data or $6 for unlimited talk and text + $4 per GB of LTE data. $20 for 20GB also comes with the first month free, you only pay taxes and government / regulatory fees."

If you have any other issues about the Ting transition, Ting will be the most knowledgeable about this at this point so you could reach out to them if you need more help.

Start here to complete the migration to ting: https://ting.com/freedompop

Many, but not all, have received an email July 8th about the migration was ready for them to begin. If you have NOT gotten one of those emails this link may not work successfully for you.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs