**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Hello, Please release my phone from FreedomPop

steppinthraxsteppinthrax Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
IMEI: 867260024450506
Huawei Union Y538

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 452 admin

Huawei Union Y538

Hello, @steppinthrax. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. In order to release a device, fist the account must be canceled. For step by steps instructions on how to cancel your account please click here. After your account has been canceled, please let us know so we can check if your device meets all the requirements to be released. For more information about the requirement, please click here.
  • steppinthraxsteppinthrax Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    EuniceL said:

Huawei Union Y538

Hello, @steppinthrax. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. In order to release a device, fist the account must be canceled. For step by steps instructions on how to cancel your account please click here. After your account has been canceled, please let us know so we can check if your device meets all the requirements to be released. For more information about the requirement, please click here.
    Thank You, I have just cancelled the account.
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 452 admin

EuniceL said:

Huawei Union Y538

Hello, @steppinthrax. Thanks for getting back to us. We have escalated your case to our support team, who will be looking into releasing your device in the next 3 to 5 business days.

Feel free to contact us back at the end of the fifth day if you'll like us to check the status of your request.
    EuniceL said:

EuniceL said:

Huawei Union Y538

Hello, @steppinthrax. Thanks for getting back to us. We have escalated your case to our support team, who will be looking into releasing your device in the next 3 to 5 business days.

Feel free to contact us back at the end of the fifth day if you'll like us to check the status of your request.
    Thank you

Can you provide the status of the phone release now?
    EuniceL said:

EuniceL said:

Huawei Union Y538

Thank you

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,155 admin

EuniceL said:

EuniceL said:

Huawei Union Y538

Thank you

Hi,

Your device was successfully released yesterday. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
    Hello, when I insert another sim card I keep getting an error saying. "Invalid SIM card". I also get a message to Insert the FreedomPop sim card that came with the phone.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @steppinthrax - It appears that you are mixing GSM LTE SIM into a CDMA phone. The standard error expected is "invalid SIM". Your phone needs the SIM it came with. That SIM can be used with the next carrier also. It is a Sprint SIM used in the CDMA phone that uses the Sprint network. Most of the phones sold by FreedomPop are CDMA phones.

The GSM LTE SIM uses the AT&T network. All of the SIMs sold by FreedomPop are of this variety.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs