Please complete porting my FP number to a new carrier.

ramyabalaramyabala Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I can't receive any calls on my FP number. I tried all possible steps and the carrier reset always fails with an error. There is no way for anyone to reach me. I initiated porting my FP to a new carrier but FP is not processing this request. Can someone help please?

In this day and age, porting should be quicker. Not sure why FP cannot process this request even after so many days. I am desperate please help.

Comments

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    ramyabala said:

I can't receive any calls on my FP number. I tried all possible steps and the carrier reset always fails with an error. There is no way for anyone to reach me. I initiated porting my FP to a new carrier but FP is not processing this request. Can someone help please?

In this day and age, porting should be quicker. Not sure why FP cannot process this request even after so many days. I am desperate please help.

Hello, @ramyabala. We are sorry about the delay response, our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue.

To port-out your phone there are a couple of steps you'll need to follow:

First, you need to attempt the port-out with the following info:

Account Number: 19167492367
    Pin: 823267
    Subscriber Name: Ramya Balasubramanian
    Phone Number: 19167492367
    Zip Code: 03062

If you get an error message indicating that the port-out did not go through you'll need to change the billing address to the following:
    11301 W Olympic Blvd Suite 112, Los Angeles, CA 90064

Lastly, if it still doesn't work, change the business name and business address TO:
    First Name: FreedomPOP_IQNT
    Last Name: FreedomPOP_IQNT
    Address: 11301 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064

If you go through all that and you're still having issues with porting your phone number, have your new carrier's porting department contact our support team by sending an email to [email protected] They should receive an answer within 24 to 48 hours indicating that the phone number has been released and to proceed with the porting process.

Please remember to cancel your account after the port out is completed. You need to it first, so you can later cancel the account. You can do so online through your account or you can simply do so by calling 1(800) 663-1791. Provided below is an article that can also assist with your request.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/kw/cancel

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help you further.
  • michael  thomasmichael thomas Posts: 69FreedomPop Newbie
    My portout to tracfone went through in 2 days. Tracfone portin told me freedompop is not a mobile carrier. They said the phone number is a landline and takes longer.
This discussion has been closed.