Unsent messages do not get resent later when network improves

I have a problem that people do not receive a lot of the texts I send. I realized that these tend to be mostly texts I sent when 3G/4G network is very low to inexistent. I have two questions:

1) I am connected to a very good wi-fi so I guess this should do in theory even if 3G/4G is low to inexistent?

2) It seems that the messages which fail to be sent when I have little connection do not get resent later. You would expect the app to understand that the text did not go through and attempt to send it later.
a) Is this what the app does and if so why doesn't it do it in my case?
b) Does the app fail to do it? That would be a pity and a source of potential improvement.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other pros able ahead light on these questions ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    WiFi work good on texting, but call do not. Now for question two, the app does not tell you if it send the text, you will have call that person and ask if he/she received it. I would say it was send or not send. If it was send by way of UDP, it can become lose. But it been send by TCP, it kind resend them until it is successful. But I think Freedompop use UDP Protocol because of all the problem people have with there phones. UDP has low overhead, therefore cost less to use in their network.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    I have problems like this intermittently. The only thing i have found is when the messenger app refuses to send a text a force quit of the app and then restarting it will allow you to send. Of coarse you have to retype the entire text again in this case.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem that people do not receive a lot of the texts I send. I realized that these tend to be mostly texts I sent when 3G/4G network is very low to inexistent. I have two questions:

1) I am connected to a very good wi-fi so I guess this should do in theory even if 3G/4G is low to inexistent?

2) It seems that the messages which fail to be sent when I have little connection do not get resent later. You would expect the app to understand that the text did not go through and attempt to send it later.
    a) Is this what the app does and if so why doesn't it do it in my case?
    b) Does the app fail to do it? That would be a pity and a source of potential improvement.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Question 2
    The VoIP Freedompop app is sent over UDP and if it is lost, it not resend. When freedompop change their network over to TCP, then any data that is loss is resend.

Question 1 Text is good over WiFi, but call are not good, this is because text is data deliver, call go thru differece channel
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".